Cross fit

Anyone else here do cross fit routines for their workouts? I have been doing them for a little while now and find them to be very beneficial.  Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this and had any info to pass on. Thanks.

I have done my own version of them - mostly stuff I read on their website along with Jason Statham workouts.  I just bought the TRX System - I am going to give it a whirl for a month or so. 

This is pretty cool. I just started doing Cross Fit in Baltimore. I absolutely love the workouts even though we're just doing the 'foundations' classes now. They gave our rugby team a nice rate and I'm really liking them so far. Which one do you belong to?

I do not belong to a cross fit gym. The closest one to me is at least 45 minutes away.  I just follow the main site a lot.  Plus a good friend of mine from work went and received his level 1 certification in August so I get a ton of information from him.  I love the work outs.  Nothing like finishing your work out for the day and just laying on the ground in a pool of your own sweat.

I hear ya there. This is our last week of foundations and then we are really going to get into it... I can't wait, but so far I love the workouts and the potential outcome is a great goal to aim for.

For those of you who are into crossfit, check this out:

http://www.wodshop.org/wods.html

Great tool for routines.  For those not familiar with crossfit, I highly recommend checking it out.

www.crossfit.com

1 round
60x Push-ups
50x Body rows
40x Sit-ups
30x Squats
20x Dips
10x Box jumps
5x Burpees

^ that got me all excited haha. Definitely a killer. Love me some "Chippers"

Did a good warm up then five rounds of 21 reps of 135 lbs bench press and 200 meter run. Then finished with tire flips.  GLad I had two good guys to work out with.

Have to be honest though and say that my bench went 21, 15, 10, 12, 10

we don't do bench at cross fit...at least the one where we are. bench is a useless exercise unless you're a lineman or pushing furniture around. overhead press works your upper chest anyway. no need for lower chest.

we're doing a 10 week program where we have structural exercises and add 5lbs twice a week to our total with the goal of adding 100lbs to our 3 sets of 5 reps.

tonight we have

Power Cleans 5x3 at 5lbs more than last workout
Strict Pull-Ups 3 x 10-15

MetCon

3 rounds of :
10 deadlifts @ 50% of 1 rep max
30 Box Jumps

Legs are gonna be tired!

Don't know about not doing bench in cross fit. Don't go to a cross fit gym as the closest one I have is almoust an hour away. I work out wi a friend frmo work who is level 1 cross fit certification and gets a lot of his workouts from different cross fit sites.  I am on a 6 week program that he made upTonight is five rounds of 200 meter runs with 2 minutes reest in between.  Off tomorrow and a good one set up for Thurs.

nice. i asked them about bench because sometimes i see them (the CF trainers) doing it before we start our sessions, but they said that isn't part of it.

He should add some back rows, air squats, and pushups in between your 200m runs. No rest :P I wish we were allowed to rest. Last night's MetCon sucked. 90 box jumps and 30 deadlifts @ 185lbs. I think I'm near last when it terms to MetCon, but pretty good everywhere else...too bad the MetCon is a reflection of your overall fitness. :-/ Strong but no endurance haha

Thursday I had self-defense training and part of the warm up was 4 round sof tabata squats with a low of 21.  Then later did this workout:

10 rounds of :

10 kettelball swings

6 handstand push-ups

9 thrusters

It kicked my arse !!!!!

This was today's (Saturday), got it from the crossfit web site.

"With a continuously running clock, squat for 60 seconds. Subtract the number of squats completed from 60, and do that many pull-ups in minute two. In minute three, squat again, subtracting the number completed from 60. Do that number of push-ups in minute four. Minute five is squatting again, and minute six pull-ups.

The pattern is squats, pull-ups, squats, push-ups, squats, pull-ups, etc. The goal is to stay within the workout's formula for as long as possible.

Don't do more than 60 squats in any round.

In any case, stay moving for at least 12 minutes"

I was at home so I substituted the pull-ups for sit-ups.  Still was tough, especially on my legs with all of those squats.

[quote user="Jason"]

Thursday I had self-defense training and part of the warm up was 4 round sof tabata squats with a low of 21.  Then later did this workout:

10 rounds of :

10 kettelball swings

6 handstand push-ups

9 thrusters

It kicked my *** !!!!!

[/quote]

hand stand pushups? Your class must have good balance haha. KB swings get tough after the 3rd or 4th round depending on your weight. They always make me use the 53lb one.

I work out at the fitness center at work and we only have two KB's, a 45 and a 45.  I wish I could do handstand pushups, I have to use either the wall or do a L using a stand for those.  Had an easier one tonight., since I was at home.  I did 10 squats, 10 pushups, and 10 situps for 10 rounds. 

Our workout was 5x3 Power Cleans at 5lbs more than we did last week and 3 x 10-15 pronated pull-ups.

MetCon was:
5 Rounds:
10 Wall balls
5 pushups

Wall balls are taking 20lb medicine balls and throwing them above a line on the wall (12 feet) and when you catch them you basically do a front squat with the ball and then explode up and use your legs to get the ball above the mark. Sucks once you get to the 4th and 5th set.

Took it easy on legs today as tomorrow is going to be rough.  Today I worked out alone and did the following:

Five Rounds of

10 burpees (1 push up with each one), 10 pull ups, Jump rope 100 (only got through two rounds and my rope broke/ shouldn't leave it out in the car during winter so I finished with 20 four count jumping jacks), and 10 45lb ball slams 

45lbs for ball slams? Are you able to keep your chest out/back tight with that? We only have 2 16 pounders. Jump rope isn't too bad as I'm still not good at it...the goal is to be able to do double-unders. MetCon for today isn't posted although I know the workout is

Low-Bar Back Squat 3x5 @ 5lbs more than Monday
Press 3x5 @ 5lbs more than Monday

Don't ask me where I got 45lbs from, the ball is 30 lbs.  Here was th e WOD for today:

30 Kettlebell3 Box Jumps

27 KB Swings6 Box Jumps

24 KB Swings9 Box Jumps

21 KB Swings12 Box Jumps

18 KB Swings15 Box Jumps

15 KB Swings18 Box Jumps

12 KB Swings21 Box Jumps

9 KB Swings24 Box Jumps

6 KB Swings27 Box Jumps

3 KB Swings30 Box Jumps

KB was 40lb and the box was 24" .  Once I finished the 6KB swings, I thought there was no way I had another 57 box jumps in me, but I did.

165 box jumps...that's nuts. the 24" one is our blue one which is the shorter one...they don't let me use it...I have to use the "red" one that's about 4" taller. Or put a 45lb bumper plate on the blue one so it's the same height as the red one.

How's your lower back feel? Haha

Tonight's workout is

1x5 of Deadlift @ 5lbs heavier than last week (300lbs)
3 x 10-15 Chin-ups

MetCon:
Once through for time:
750m Row
16 lunges
500m Row
26 lunges
250m Row
36 lunges