Copper IUD and Crazy BGs

I had the copper IUD I inserted 7 weeks ago. I just had my check-up and everything is perfect: in place with no infections. Besides some mild cramping for the first 3 weeks, slightly heavier periods and the odd spotting in between periods all is fine except that since I had it inserted my BGs have been out of control. I generally have an A1C under 7% and now my BGs bounce around and hover between 9.0 mmol and 13.0 mmol despite continuously increasing my insulin dosage. Nothing else in my life (diet, exercise, sleep, or overall well being) has changed. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, how long did ipit take for you to get everything back under control?

I don't have an IUD but I have extremely elevated BGs whenever I use birth control - which has been fairly constant for the last 12 years. Last year, I tried getting off BC and my insulin usage dropped by almost half. When I had to go back on it, my insulin resistance increased and I had to up all my dosages again.

It's the hormones working against you. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do outside of increasing your insulin dosage (of course you can always try increasing your physical activity too, but that isn't always possible/doesn't always work).

Thanks.  I was hoping to avoid any dosage fluctuations by getting off birth control and choosing a hormone free IUD.  I guess there is no way around it.