IUD and managing sugars

Sorry ladies (and gentlemen) if you’re reading this :slight_smile:

I’m at the point of my life where I’m not quite ready for kids, but am definitely sexually active so I went on birth control again after some time off of it. After talking with my doctor, we decided an IUD was the best choice for me since I have a increased risk of stroke due to a heart arrhythmia and the estrogen in my old bc pill can also up that risk plus diabetes can. Plus since I’m in my late 20s, babies are on my mind and I was told this is one of the best birth controls to easily flow back to your natural cycle when you are ready to try.

Anywho, I’m wondering if I can hear from anyone on how they managed their sugars during the adjustment period. I’ve been on my IUD for almost 6 weeks, but keep getting random periods or days of heavy spotting where I need to adjust my insulin Way up like I would for a period but there’s no way so far to predict when it will happen or when my normal insulin sensitivity will return. My doc said this can take up to 3-6 months. To say it’s been challenging is an understatement but like all of us have to do I’m just trying to roll with the punches. Any tips on how to deal with this?

Also I know this post is completely the opposite of the pregnancy category, but hoping there’s a lady or two who has done an IUD or was on one prior to becoming pregnant who might be able to give me some advice.

Thanks!