Contour USB Meter

Does anybody have one yet?  If so, do you like it?  What strips does it use?  How much do the strips cost?  I saw an advertisement and have been searching the web and I am really interested in getting one.  I saw it was available at Walgreen's online....is it available anywhere else yet?  The lowest price I saw was $39.99.  Any feedback will be greatly appreciated:)  Thanks!

hi Angela,I STILL have not bought one for my daughter-but plan to.I thought the price was closer to 80.00 or more.(glad it's lower )..So the last time we were at the endo's I asked for a perscription-thinking my insurance might kick in and pay a little on it. Will see :) if I do buy one-I will come back and tell you what we think of it :)

Here's an older thread about this meter. http://juvenation.org/forums/p/6734/70565.aspx#70565

Gina and ehix both have one.

Thanks for the thread! 

hey for anyone that is interested in this meter I just found that it is on sale at CVS for only $29.99!! its probably only for the week so if you want one, now is the time to get one =)

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?skuId=740519&productId=740519&WT.mc_id=Shopping_Feed_Products_Google_Free_Listing

[quote user="Angela"]

Thanks for the thread! 

[/quote]

No problem : )

Just received my new Bayer Contour USB meter....I got it at CVS for 29.99!!!  And I absolutely love it!  It hardly requires any blood and I think the new lancing device is a lot less painful!  They sent one with the monitor.  I have no complaints yet.......very happy with it for now!!  I highly recommend getting one, especially if your insurance will cover it! 

hi Angela :) that's great-can I ask if that was just the price or did insurance cover any.I am glad you mentioned this-I am about to make some calls to see what prices are around here for one. thanks :)

My insurance would not cover this meter.....I actually paid 29.99..... I have flexible spending also...so I just turned it in to that.  You need to check and see if your insurance covers the strips before you buy one....a lot of insurances won't cover these because they are more expensive.  My pharmacist told me I was very lucky because my insurance covers them.  I have seen the meters anywhere between 29.99 at CVS to 80.00 at other places.  Hope you can find one at a decent price and good luck with your insurance.....! 

Thanks Angela :) I did call my Pharmacy after leaving here and he did not have them-our Wal-Mart here is going to be called today but I bet they don't either.I could order  online I guess... I think they need to keep the meter price down b/c of the strips being costly.We just bought strips for another meter and sure want to use all those first.That's a good point about asking the insurance company if they will cover these strips.They should but who knows ?Thanks again and keep in touch what you like and don't like about it-let's hope that you really like it-others sure do :) ...Hello Orange mms and Vered :) Thanks for your info too-hope all is good with you both  :) Best Wishes :)

[quote user="meme"]

Thanks Angela :) I did call my Pharmacy after leaving here and he did not have them-our Wal-Mart here is going to be called today but I bet they don't either.I could order  online I guess... I think they need to keep the meter price down b/c of the strips being costly.We just bought strips for another meter and sure want to use all those first.That's a good point about asking the insurance company if they will cover these strips.They should but who knows ?Thanks again and keep in touch what you like and don't like about it-let's hope that you really like it-others sure do :) ...Hello Orange mms and Vered :) Thanks for your info too-hope all is good with you both  :) Best Wishes :)

[/quote]

after you see if your insurance company covers the strips..you should see if they have a deal where you buy X amount of strips and get the meter free. in canada(or at least BC) you can do that with most newer meters. I buy a box of 100 strips(which are covered by my insurance & if i am not yet at 100% coverage, i end up paying like $5) and get the meter free. In the end, they make their money off the strips, not the meter itself..so whatever gets you to use those strips!

hi Batts !!!  :) how are things-Is your mom staying busy with all her JDRF work ?...I like this idea,never thought of trying that. We have got the free meters at the endo office but they don't  bring out these, ha :) Sounds like Canada has some good help there. Thanks so much -I'll will try this Best wishes Batts :)

[quote user="meme"]

hi Batts !!!  :) how are things-Is your mom staying busy with all her JDRF work ?...I like this idea,never thought of trying that. We have got the free meters at the endo office but they don't  bring out these, ha :) Sounds like Canada has some good help there. Thanks so much -I'll will try this Best wishes Batts :)

[/quote]

sadly, there was some issues with her taking the job so she is not working for the chapter =( she's focusing on her own fundraising coordinator business and is just going to help me fundraise next year.

yeah, it's a pretty sweet deal and makes it a lot easier to test new meters! hopefully you can find that option at a pharmacy in your town :)