Bayer USB Contour

Hey

Does anyone use this meter and if so how do you like it?

Tara,

I HAD this meter, and I must say... I absolutely loved it!! It had very nice display, and if your computer works with the software, it makes tracking your blood sugars very easy. It is also very small so it's easy to carry with you!  Unfortunately, the size caused the end of my Contour USB days when it was lost on a fishing trip.  I'd highly recommend this meter, although, it can be pretty pricey.

--Anna

The size is what I like. Granted my only "issue" was with the case. I was not a fan of the outer  part of the case for holding my additional supplies i.e. emergency novolog and syringe, so I moved the meter into my old onetouch mini case and all is good. The fit in the other case is uncanny and I am happy. The display is great. The battery life is amazing. I have had to recharge it one since buying it last April?!? I think. I am in need a another charge soon, but not yet. Granted I don't use the other features, but I know people who do and like it alot.

I love mine!  It really makes recording your blood sugars easy!  The only bad thing is that when you go to print your records, it prints a lot of pages.  But other than that, I really like it and highly recommend it!

My ten year old is using it and really loves it.  Our insurance required us to switch over to a Bayer or Accu Check product and we were striking out with all of the choices,   Someone in our support group showed up with the USB and my son loved it.   It uses the same strips as the bayer contour and we were in business.  Last week Walgreens had a coupon to get one for free.

One precaution, when we were comparing readings to the freestyle we had been using... the contour was reading lower- sometimes significantly.  You may just want to watch that.

My mother found something on this meter through facebook they were giving a certain amount of them away for free and I was one of the lucky few who received it for free:] I am using my one touch right now because I have those strips to use then I'm switching but I have used it a couple of times and I really like it:]

[quote user="AutumnRachelle"]

My mother found something on this meter through facebook they were giving a certain amount of them away for free and I was one of the lucky few who received it for free:] I am using my one touch right now because I have those strips to use then I'm switching but I have used it a couple of times and I really like it:]

[/quote]

that was a stroke of luck!