Hey guys! Just thought I'd share a fantastic recipe with you all. Every two cookies you eat are only 16g of carbs! It comes from The Big Book of Diabetic Desserts by Jackie Mills. If you try it, let me know how you like it!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (We personally use 1 teaspoon of almond extract, makes it 10x better!)
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl and whisk to mix well. Set aside.
- Combien the softened butter and brown sugar in a large bowl and beat at medium speed until mkxture is fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed until a stiff dough forms.
- Place the confectioners' sugar in a shallow dish. Roll the dough into 52 balls (we are never able to make this many, it usually makes 20-25 cookies for us), 2 level teaspoons each. Toss in confectioners' sugar to coat, shaking off excess.Place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned on the bottoms and have a crackled appearance on top.
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets on wire racks for 2 minutes. Remove from the baking sheets and cool completely on the wire racks. The cookies can be covered in an airtight container and stored at room temperature for up to 3 days. (Trust me- they won't last that long!!! ;) )