CGM blood gushing footage!

Tonight I had blood coming out from underneath my CGM site, and when I pulled it out it started gushing blood. I don't have complete video footage from the beginning but here is some of what happened.

CGM gushing site 

Quite the leak. The only thing I've done as a mech. was once(notice the once part) I slipped with a screwdriver and stuck my nose, wasn't a big hole but bleed like forever. LOL and all you had to do was an infusion set.

wow that was a lot of blood. I dont think I will share that one with Riley lol.

That was quite a gusher. The only time I bled that much was when I fell and busted my head open. Oh and I was squeezing my finger one time and this stream of blood just shot out and got all over me. lol.

[quote user="Brittany "]Oh and I was squeezing my finger one time and this stream of blood just shot out and got all over me. lol. [/quote] I'm glad you said that! A week or two ago I was squeezing my little boy's figer and it turned into a gusher! It was the first time that happened to us and I freaked out a little 'cause I never heard of it! (I laughed a little too.)

While we're talking blood: I once slipped with a box cutter blade and sliced my thumd down to the bone. Blood shot across to the person sitting on the couch on the other wall!

Oi Trish just reading that made me light headed lol. I am a wuss when it comes to gushing blood. I get light headed if I watch my blood getting drawn. If I dont watch I am fine. When I was young my mom was running outside on the grass from my dad. We were playing tag or something anyhow she stepped on a glass glass and gush. Blah it was squirting with every heart beat.

keith, you had a screwdriver up the nose?! that takes the cake as both funny and painful.

Brittany,

It was nasty coming out. My husband couldn't grab the camera fast enough to get it coming out but it was pulsing at the hole I started getting nervous but then it started to subside. It looked like I got stabbed. I have a nice bruise there now.

The finger thing happened to me one time too. No blood was coming out of my finger so I was deteremined to get blood out of my finger so I pressed really hard and a shot of blood came out and got all over me too. Weirdest thing ever LOL

[quote user="Jessica "]

Oi Trish just reading that made me light headed lol. I am a wuss when it comes to gushing blood. I get light headed if I watch my blood getting drawn. If I dont watch I am fine. When I was young my mom was running outside on the grass from my dad. We were playing tag or something anyhow she stepped on a glass glass and gush. Blah it was squirting with every heart beat.

[/quote]

I'm not squeemish about my own blood, I'd rather watch it being drawn than wait for it to come as a surprise! I used to hate needles, though, until I had to have 30 shots at one time for an allergy test. I never feared needles again. Turned out to be a real good thing considering, ya know.

I got even tougher when I was in a car wreck and the window shattered into my hand. After I was pulled out of the car and able to stand I noticed blood dripping on the ground and when I followed it with my eyes up to my own hand I blacked out! It started hurting after that. It took the ER doc almost 2 hours to get all the glass out and he couldn't numb it for me or stitch the gashes just in case there was more glass deep inside! I'll spare the details, it's gruesome!

It would have been nice to show how to treat the gusher. Direct pressure for 30 sec or so does the trick and minimizes the bruising.

Hitting a blood vessels is part of the game for me, because I don't have a lot of fat for my infusion sites. 

First time is a strange experience. 

I've only ever had this problem with the medtronic CGM's, the really need to update their insertion technology! 

[quote user="Trish"]

I'm not squeemish about my own blood, I'd rather watch it being drawn than wait for it to come as a surprise! I used to hate needles, though, until I had to have 30 shots at one time for an allergy test. I never feared needles again. Turned out to be a real good thing considering, ya know.

I got even tougher when I was in a car wreck and the window shattered into my hand. After I was pulled out of the car and able to stand I noticed blood dripping on the ground and when I followed it with my eyes up to my own hand I blacked out! It started hurting after that. It took the ER doc almost 2 hours to get all the glass out and he couldn't numb it for me or stitch the gashes just in case there was more glass deep inside! I'll spare the details, it's gruesome!

[/quote]

11 years ago while in preterm labor I got use to the needles but then didnt have to deal with them being poked into me for so long the next time I had my blood drawn less than 2 years later while pregnant with my daughter it was already bad again for me.

I am fine with bumps and bruises some of which have not been pretty with my boys but their blood more than a scrap isnt something I can do. My husbands father thought it would be great to buy quads for all the grand kids for up on their property my boys have absence seizures and are high functioning autistic tho we didnt know at the time still not a smart thing to buy for them. Anyhow the one jumped on with a helmet and chest plate thing on and crashed right away. He said " wow I didnt know my own speed" lol he was fine then the next one jumped on and crashed in the exact same place his elbow was split wide open. I saw the open and blood gushing while trying to wash it out and almost hit the floor. Thankfully my mother in law was in there saw me and took over as I walked out and told my husband to go in there with them. Those are my only weaknesses blood and needles. Not so much needles anymore. Heck I had my daughter with no pain meds and didnt even feel the contractions I have a uber high pain tolerance but want to cry at the sight of blood and needles.

I had ALL NATURAL births with both of mine, but I felt my contractions! I just somehow delt with it. Heck, if we can survive that, we can survive almost anything!

I didnt with the boys cause I was scared in general and scared I would need a emergency c-section after I had the first one (often I guess twin b flips when they get the room too) so I had a epidural. With Riley tho I was more scared of a epidural than I was of natural child birth lol.  It was funny with the preterm labor with the boys I had no idea I was having contractions my mom saw me having them and made me go to the hospital. They didnt believe me when I said I had no pain.

[quote user="sjwprod"]

It would have been nice to show how to treat the gusher. Direct pressure for 30 sec or so does the trick and minimizes the bruising.

Hitting a blood vessels is part of the game for me, because I don't have a lot of fat for my infusion sites. 

First time is a strange experience. 

[/quote]

Hey sjwprod,

I did apply pressure which stopped the bleeding you couldn't really see it.

If you put pressure on right away there should be no more than a lipstick size spot.  That why I wondered after seeing so much blood. 

[quote user="C"]

keith, you had a screwdriver up the nose?! that takes the cake as both funny and painful.

[/quote]

Oh, I laughed at myself, being weird I laugh when I get hurt.