Celebrating

65 years this month since diagnosis and doing well, don’t know what 65 years is like gold or silver whatever, but I am still going strong and having fun. Have a great day. Bye Jan

16 Likes

Congratulations Janice!

You’ve lived a full life in spite of diabetes. Hope there is many more for you to celebrate.

Thanks Dennis, I am aiming for 120 Have a great one. Bye Jan

2 Likes

Not in spite of, because of . Bye again Jan

2 Likes

Congratulations! I have had trpe 1 for 58 years and am still up and running,too!

4 Likes

You’re an inspiration to all!

Dawn, if it had not been for my Diabetes I may not have realized my strength and independence , sometimes to my husband’s dismay, Just Kidding, Marines need strong wives, have a great day, bye Jan

Rosemary, Congratulations to you too, keep up the good work, strong women, don’t you love it. Have a great day. Bye Jan

Great Job Janice! I am working on 67 years and still have some issues occasionally. Wow isn’t technology (meters, pumps and cgm) very helpful. I am enjoying life in Florida and expect many more years.
Roger

1 Like

Good for you Rosemary, keep running.
Roger

Are we all aiming for 125 years? How many of us over 50 are there anyone know? Ps: Roger what is your secret? Just curious Bye Jan

No secrets, just had a Mom who spoiled me but left me with good habits and attitude. Now, my wife does a great job helping me to eat properly and keep up with my procedures.

Roger, I wrote a post called “how I eat what I want” and that’s what I do. No diabetes in my eyes, kidneys etc, just in my blood. Funny it works for me, I treat my body as if it is normal, take my insulin as if my body was doing it. Thanks for the input. Bye Jan Ps: Tell your Mom and Wife they are doing and have done a great job. Did find out that if I keep my BS above 140 no neuropathy!!!

1 Like

I am fortunate. I was raised by a mother who counted my grapes and took the seeds out of the watermelon before she weighed my portion on the gram scale. So I was raised with good discipline and diet. And now my wife is very supportive. I would say that self-discipline and being active are very important. I was an athlete in school, through college and coached and participated in athletics after that. And only in retirement am not active a lot. And I am pretty good about doing the right things with my diet and insulin. And if you mess up and eat too much, don’t get upset as long as you only do it once in a while. T1D does not have to be so stressful even though it can be frustrating at times.
Take care and be safe Janice

first of all many congratulation to you fighting against diagnosis. Hope to show so much bravery in future for your amazing life. Bye Jan

this is the test reply by krishna savani