Camps?

This summer i went to Camp Nejeda!!!! I love it there!!! ;)     [{-Crayon-}]>

Hey Robrew!

I worked at Carefree this past summer. It now has a permanent location at Lions Camp Pride. It really is an incredible place. It's a great option for people in NH, VT, MA etc. if anyone would like some more information on the camp just ask!

ahh a fellow CBCer!!! Clara Barton is the best. I went there for six summers in a row when i was younger, and will never forget the friends and memories i made there.

I must be TOTALLY off! I went to CBC ONE YEAR.....years ago (must have been an off year). It was the WORST (Two weeks, two showers and not allowed to use my BS machine!)....At least we walked for Ice Cream.....I hear that Joslin (the guys) have a MUCH BETTER deal going.....HOPEFULLY things have changed ALOT in the past 20 years.....Improvement is good. I'm glad it works for some (just not for me) EAGLES NEST ANYDAY!!!

The same year i was diagnosed and every year up to 2003 when i was too old to go i attended camp at Gales Creek Camp in Forest Grove, OR.  I met some of my best friends there and miss it every summer.

[quote user="Sarah"]

I have gone to Gales Creek Camp in OR for the past four years. I love it! I have made a lot of friends by going to GCC. I even met someone who lives in the same town as me and now we are friends. I'm thinking about working there this summer.

Anyone else go to GCC?

[/quote]

I did!!!  who are the counselors?  I want to see if anyone i know is still there

I have to tell you that I went to CBC in either 96 or 97 and it was probably the worst two weeks of my life. I ended up going to an all girls camp the next summer (which I enjoyed until I realized it might be nice to have some boys around) and then a co ed camp for 5 years. My father wrote up a 50 page report about the specifics of diabetes etc. just so I could GO to camp. They still have it somewhere in the house. It's intense.

[quote user="Kimberly"]

[quote user="Sarah"]

I have gone to Gales Creek Camp in OR for the past four years. I love it! I have made a lot of friends by going to GCC. I even met someone who lives in the same town as me and now we are friends. I'm thinking about working there this summer.

Anyone else go to GCC?

[/quote]

I did!!!  who are the counselors?  I want to see if anyone i know is still there

[/quote]

There were lots of new counselors the past couple of years. But some that have been there for a while are Coheed, Lobos, Skipper...there aren't a lot of oldies. Bubbah was the director up until last year when Lobos took over.

How long ago did you go? If it's only a few years ago we might know some of the same counselors.

[quote user="Sarah"]

[quote user="Kimberly"]

[quote user="Sarah"]

Anyone else go to GCC?

[/quote]

[/quote]

There were lots of new counselors the past couple of years. But some that have been there for a while are Coheed, Lobos, Skipper...there aren't a lot of oldies. Bubbah was the director up until last year when Lobos took over.

How long ago did you go? If it's only a few years ago we might know some of the same counselors.

[/quote]

well it was quite a while ago but i had Lobos as both a camper and counselor, as well as tarzan. Bubbah, and Zepplin were both directors and couselors throughout my years.  I went from 1995, the year i was diagnosed, to 2002 when i graduated high school, that year i did both a camper and CIT (counselor in training).  I do miss it, especially the dances, chaos vs control and the camando and creek hikes!  though were amazing!!!  I dont know if you heard of my group, but we were well known for a few years after 2002, the Camo Crew?

Thank you Marlee!   You should ask your Dad if he would want that paper published online??? :o)

Kimberly-

Lobos is now the director, and I think she's planning on staying for quite a while. She's actually dating (and may be engaged to now) one of the other counselors, Coheed. You might know him as James Wolfe...? I don't know if he was a camper at the same time as you.

Tarzan was there my first, and maybe second, year. I never really got to know Bubbah. She was director my first year, but she was only there for like one day during my week.

I can imagine that you would miss it! I miss it just during the year! I'm thinking about maybe working there this summer; probably kitchen work, if I do. I thought about being a CIT, because I'm 16 now, but I think I want to work in the kitchen, so I can be there all summer, instead of just a couple weeks, and also I would get paid.

Oh, and I don't think I've heard of your group...it may have been mentioned, but I don't remember. 

I went to Camp Sweeney for 11 years, and I'm hoping to work at Texas Lions Camp this summer.

Texas lions Camp is great..  Last year was Conner's first year to be eligable to go.  He will go again this year.  The counselors are so loving and have great knowledge.  I think it will be a great experience for you.

Texas Lions camp is FREE?  I haven't been a camper for some time, Camp Endres in OK is about $500 and I'm pretty sure Sweeney is up there too.  DO explain!

Texas Lyons camp in Kerville, Texas.  1985 and 1986.

Hi i'm Meagan!:)Ive been to Camp Carolina Trails.I think it is the best camp.(of course it is the only camp that I have been too)But oh well!! It's my favorite!!:)Every time I get back my friends want to know all about it!!!!

i went to camp utada right next to the great salt lake in the mountains.

Are there any good ones in Northeast Illinois/Southeast Wisconsin?  I'm 17 and probably looking for more of a counselor job than a camper one...

Camp Sweeney, Gainsville TX    only the best camp on the face of this earth!! =)

[quote user="Stephanie"]

I go to Camp Barton in Massachusetts!!!!!!!! It is my home away from home!!!!!!

LIT next summer!!! Yea!!!!!!!

[/quote]

I went to CBC too, in 06 and 07!!  And I have one more year before being an LIT, but I stopped going there because now I go to music camp.  I had a lot of fun there, though, I don't see how anyone could really NOT like it.  Sure it had its downsides, like not being able to correct and the "buddy system", but it wasn't a bad camp.  The campus/food is a lot nicer though than normal sleep-away camps, trust me.  When did you go there and what cabin?