Anyone in fl go to camp winona?

Hey everyone I went to Camp Winona and Sports camp in FL.... About 13 to 15 years ago I know I know it was a long time ago BUT Im still in contact with alot of friends that went with me! If you went to any camps anywhere let me know!!! But especially if you went to camp with meeeee :)

THANKS!

I've been thinking about asking my parents if I can go to a diabetes camp, but at the same time I almost get nervous at the thought of going away.

I went a month after being diagnosed and I honestly think thats what helped me get through the hard parts of T1D! Just being around everyone that was JUST like me!!! It was life changing! No one asked me questions about what I was doing or why I had it or what it was.... no one treated me like I was a weirdo or I was challanged.... I was normal and I loved it! I went from the age of 8 till I was 17 and every year I went I felt more in control of my diabetes! Where do you live? And are there camps near by? I suggest to ALL T1D to go to some sort of camp! It's amazing! And even after camp, I still stayed in contact with a lot of people. One of my bunkies and I had babies around the same time and we where able to be there for one another! And two more of our campers actually got married to each other!!! How awesome is that! It's truly an amazing experience! GO! :)

Well you just convinced me that I need to go. :-)  I live in Missouri and I'm not sure where the closest camp to me is because I haven't done that much research yet.

Get to googling girl!!! :) They have them all over!

http://www.camphickoryhill.com/

http://www.dlife.com/diabetes_resources/diabetes_camps/missouri

check these out!!! Good luck!

Thanks for the links! I will get to googling!

[quote user="Jennabenna"]

Well you just convinced me that I need to go. :-)  I live in Missouri and I'm not sure where the closest camp to me is because I haven't done that much research yet.

[/quote]

EDI is in frederick town! I'm going there if I'm accepted! If you wanna get in you have to move soon! the forms and stuff are due on April !5th!

I found it by going to the ADA's website (diabetes.org) and searched camp 

Oh cool! Do you know what some of the things they do with the campers are?