Beware of toothpaste in the shower

[quote user="Nads"]

It's not a guy thing...  I also bruch my teeth in the shower - sometimes.

[/quote]

Thank you very much! :)

[quote user="C"]

it sounds like greg spits it onto his pump site.... or he just lets it roll off his face onto his pump :o)

[/quote]

blah hahaha >:o grrrr

I think I'm gonna start brushing my teeth in the shower. Hopefully I won't end up like Greg and spit the toothpaste on my site. Imagine me having to explain that one to my parents.

Haha, lmao! This is a really funny post! And if you're really in a hurry and need to text someone, put your cell in a ziplock bag... Then you can shower, brush your teeth and text at the same time!!!

If you have a large enough ziplock bag, take your laptop into the shower and check out the latest posts on Juvenation! 

Now there are some crazy ideas! lol. I'd be afraid I would drop them. lol. But hey they would still be in a plastic bag. I want to go in the shower with my pump on. It's supposed to be water proof but I want to test it out. I have the same kind of pump you have Nads. The Animas 2020.

Yeah, it's waterproof, but where do you clip it when you go into the shower......?

I have no idea. Unless you wear a bathing suit! lol. jk. If you wear a bathing suit then whats the point in taking a shower?

maybe you hold it?

or it just hangs there?(should be normal for the guys to have something hanging when they are in the shower! haha)

the girl at animas table when i went to the walk this year let hers drop and hang to show the site wouldnt fall out or hurt her..

Haha! I hate it when mine falls off my pants. It hurts kind of when it pulls.

i get a very uneasy feeling when i drop my pump and it just dangles. i've never had the canula come out or anything, but i feel much better when my pump is safe and sound in my pocket.

here's a somewhat related question to pump users: do you bolus to make up for the basal that you did not receive while showering? i don't, because i'm never in the shower for more than 15 minutes, and it would be like a bolus of .15 units. i have read of other people doing that, though.

Nope never have. I just let it go. If it gets high then I just do a correction. :)

[quote user="Tanner"]

i get a very uneasy feeling when i drop my pump and it just dangles. i've never had the canula come out or anything, but i feel much better when my pump is safe and sound in my pocket.

here's a somewhat related question to pump users: do you bolus to make up for the basal that you did not receive while showering? i don't, because i'm never in the shower for more than 15 minutes, and it would be like a bolus of .15 units. i have read of other people doing that, though.

[/quote]

i have a feeling if i do end up trying the pump that im gonna be freaking out anytime someone comes near me or just be paranoid its about to fall off my belt.

if i go body surfing again..totally gonna disconnect cuz i know i'll freak out about the waves knocking it off my suit!!

i don't have a pump, but i sometimes brush my teeth in the shower. lol.

Couldn't resist....lol

i went to the beach a few weeks ago, and i was disconnected like half of the time while at the beach. next time i go, i think i'm going to switch back to MDI while there. i think it would be easier than having to disconnect every time you went in the water.

[quote user="Fred"]

Couldn't resist....lol

[/quote]

Haha! That's really funny!

My boyfriend got me into brushing my teeth in the shower. I thought it was really weird at first, but it's easier I guess? haha

[quote user="Courtney"]

My boyfriend got me into brushing my teeth in the shower. I thought it was really weird at first, but it's easier I guess? haha

[/quote]

YES see this is what I'm talking about!

OMG that tshirt is hilarious!!! :o)