Anyone else ever feel alone with their t1d?

I know this is going to sound like a lot of whining and moaning but lately I have just felt so alone in managing my diabetes. I am 31 years old, very active, married and have a 1 year old daughter. I know I should feel like I’m at the top of the world but every time there is some kind of issue with my diabetes everyone seems to think they know what’s best for me (including my dad, who until recently thought insulin raised my blood sugar, keep in mind I was diagnosed at age 10). My wife thinks I may manage better if I were to take antidepressants but something about that doesn’t seem right. Please share with me how you guys deal.

I have felt so alone with my diabetes that it eventually became destructive. I began to accept my lonely fight and completely shut everyone out. But this just caused to much weight to be added on top of “the world” I already carry on my shoulders.

I have been opening up and becoming a little more transparent lately (past month). And it’s almost as hard as doing it alone because now I’m facing my feelings.

It’s tough, everyone “knows” someone with type 2 and thinks they are an expert which has made me resent so many people. I try to be understanding now that people just want to help but it’s difficult when they don’t understand everything you have to pay attention to even for something as simple as driving to work. For a long time I even had a difficult time listening to my doctor because I knew she wasn’t a diabetic but I’ve had to step back a little bit and open myself up a little more.

I agree 100% with what @mattysmooth said.

I especially feel lonely when the house is packed with delicious sweet and savouries and can’t have any. I get even more pissed off when my family members judge my eating when they can’t control their own taste buds. but I guess it’s all for my good.