2021 DME Mail order Supplier

Dexcom has finally decided they are moving me to a supplier instead of ordering direct from them. Does anybody have a recommendation from the list I have available?

1. Adapt Health
  2. Byram Healthcare
    3.US Medical Supply

Dexcom rep said Adapt Health bought Solara so that is the same one.

Thanks for any good or bad recommendations.

Kevin @Grumpy , for my first Dexcom G5 order, Dexcom set me up with Byram, and when I changed from MiniMed pumps to Tandem, I began getting all my pump supplies, as well as my new pump, through Byram. Works VERY smoothly, especially because I’m a Medicare Beneficiary.

Re-orders are very simplified, both when using the Byram website “Place an Order” or by responding to a Byram text reminding me that I should be placing an order. The only “slight” glitch occurred when Byram used an incorrect billing code; my Medicare Advantage carrier, United Health, made a phone call and provided necessary education.

1 Like

Thanks for your experience Dennis

I have been getting my Dexcom CGM g6 supplies from a company called PUMPS IT 3months supplies 4 times a year… Not a bad company to do business with.

Our insurance required that we use Solara. They are great. They always send plenty supplies, i.e. tegaderm, skin prep and skin cleaning with the Dexcom.

I’ve had terrible experience with Byram and would not recommend them. The customer service and support is terrible as is their online ordering system. Just getting an online account was difficult because their system wasn’t working properly for months and their tech support did not know how to fix it. In addition, despite signing up to have supplies auto-refilled, supplies have NEVER been auto-refilled and when I have called they have no explanation for why it’s not working or how to fix it.

@pshonk @nkim …Thanks for adding your experiences guys

I couldn’t believe how much better service I got when Medicare switched me from Dexcom as a supplier to U.S. Medical. Prior to the switch I could only get enough sensors for one month in each order. U.S. Medical has me set up for a 3-month supply with every order. They give ample time for reorder and delivery. When the switch was made, someone from U.S. Med phoned me for information. I was extremely impressed with his professionalism and knowledge of the process. Unlike you I was not offered a choice, but if U.S. Med is one of your choices, I think you are fortunate.

1 Like

Just curious LP @kilupx , was you switch to US Medical Supply at the same time as when CMS / Medicare changed the rules and issued new billing codes to permit 90 day supply of the Dexcom Sensors?

Well…those companies are the ones on the list provided by my insurance. BUT, if I understood the rep correctly, those are approved suppliers ( with mail order cgms) for all plans, not necessarily mine. I will have to go through the process of providing info to a selected supplier and they will tell me if they are approved/covered on my plan for mail order cgm.
I’ve ordered directly from Dexcom for at least 6 years and they haven’t been flawless themselves. The first order of the year, every year has taken weeks to get. Their insurance verification process was terrible. My insurance and endo was the same the whole time.

Thanks for sharing your input. US Med is the one I considered first.

I get all my Dexcom supplies (G6 sensors and transmitters) at my local Walgreens. I live in Tucson, AZ. This is easiest for me, since ai get most of my other prescriptions there. It took a couple of months for them to iron out the wrinkles, because they has never dealt with Dexcom before, but now it’s a very smooth process.

Does Medicare Part B cover all your CGM and pump supplies? Thanks for any info you can give me!

Carol @Cevans54 , at least when a beneficiary has a Medicare Advantage Plan, the cost of CGM sensors and transmitters, as well as all pump supplies are covered at 100% which is reflected as a Medicare Part B payment to supplier.

I can’t answer because I was not aware that Medicare changed its rules. I can’t even remember how long ago I started with US Med. Probably 2 years, give or take 3 months.

I also have a supplementary plan F. Between that and Medicare plan B, the entire expense of Dexcom is paid. However, for all my other diabetes supplies, including insulin, both plans B and F contribute and I have co-pays as well.

I’ve been working through the same process - Dexcom said they were moving me to a supplier, so now we’re working through trying to figure out who the best options are. Just from my own personal experience trying to get information from them, I would not recommend Solara. They took over two weeks to respond to us calling them (multiple times), and our nurse said they’re really bad to work with on the doctor’s office side.

The one we decided to go with (for now) is Doubek, based in IL. Our doc had good things to say about them.

That sounds like a good option.
OR if I had the prescription coverage, I’d just switch to a pharmacy but alas, my pharmacy coverage isn’t nearly as good as my medical coverage and Dexcom is what I call expensive paying totally out of pocket.

Honestly at this point, I’m ready to switch to another sensor company. Loved the g5. Not so much the g6 and the company’s support has gotten much poorer for me over the last 6 years.

Thanks for this information! It confirmed what I heard from Dexcom and others. I was lucky to find an excellent medicare health insurance broker here in Tucson (no charge to me), who helped me decide which plan(s) to get, given some long-term diabetes complications. I went with Medigap Plan G and the RX Preferred Plan D - and Plan B. It’s more expensive than some of the other configurations, but it was the most cost-containing for me; this broker did an analysis of what my annual out-of-pocket expenses would be with selected configurations, based on all my current doctor’s visits, medications, pump supplies, and CGM supplies.

External Email

| kilupx LP
March 1 |

• | - |

I also have a supplementary plan F. Between that and Medicare plan B, the entire expense of Dexcom is paid. However, for all my other diabetes supplies, including insulin, both plans B and F contribute and I have co-pays as well.

Thanks, Dennis. This confirms what Dexcom said.

Dennis @Dennis , I’m also in Florida but a different county and trying to find the best Medicare Advantage plan to cover Tandem/dexcom, but haven’t had any luck getting questions answered by Medicare, brokers or insurance companies. Most say the pump isn’t covered, and with prior authorization would be covered at 80%. And the insulin for the pump is also under part B at 80% coverage. Are you able to suggest a good broker or how you found the plan that gives you full coverage?

Thanks