World Diabetes Day

Hello everyone!  I was just wondering what people are planning for World Diabetes Day?  My daughters birthday is in Nov as well and I'm thinking of throwing a fundraiser for our diabetes walk team.

Yikes, that's coming up again quickly, isn't it? I've never done anything for it - I'm so boring!! Any suggestions for good ways to celebrate the day?

Last year I lit up my house in  blue

There is some ideas here World Diabetes Day

That is a great idea! :)[quote user="Gina"]

Last year I lit up my house in  blue

[/quote]

is world diabetes day november 16th?

It's on November 14th - a Saturday this year, I believe.

Holy Cow! My B-day is Nov 13th.  I am going to be in L.A. playing a show.... I wonder how I can work it into the show??? Any ideas?

My news Station KDKA is hosting a contest to light up your neighborhood. So I'm passing out 50 candles to my neighborhood and I hope I win the contest. As a later post I won the contest. Lucky me! I won a catered meal by Panera Bread. So this last diabetes day wasn't that bad.       

Jordan

I just looked at their website. I think I will donate money to their charity to raise money for insulin for kids in developing countries.

[quote user="Kate"]

Holy Cow! My B-day is Nov 13th.  I am going to be in L.A. playing a show.... I wonder how I can work it into the show??? Any ideas?

[/quote]

Would you have time from now until then to write a new song about T1D?  Even just cover a song, but change the words to get the message out?  Then you could tape it and post on Youtube or MySpace...

november is a busy time. world diabetes day on the 14th, my friends birthday on the 16th...