What Glucose Monitor Do You Use?

We ran an article this morning on Diabetes News Hound about a new technology that measures blood sugar levels through a sensor placed on the earlobe. You can read it here: New Technology Uses Earlobe to Test Blood Sugar

I am curious what kind/brand of monitors people currently use and whether or not they would switch to something a monitor like the one described in this article?

I use the one touch ultra mini

I will stick to finger pricking untill another product that;s as accurate as that, I do not like that this machine isnt as accurate... besides i can barely feel it anymore when i prick my fingers lol

We use the One Touch Ultrasmart. Our clinic requires it so the data can be downloaded to their files.

I don't think I will ever trust a device that uses a heat sensor to measure blood sugar.

i use the onetouch ultrasmart also, but it's technically called the onetouch ping since it's part of the Animas Ping Insulin pump package. before i got the pump, i was using a regular onetouch ultrasmart meter. my fav so far and i've gone through a lot of meters in 16years as i get them for free...so everytime a new and better one comes out, i've gotten it. i've used the ultrasmart since it came out though, was using their mini for about a year before that, and i wouldn't switch to anything else now!

I was using the one touch ultra mini and i loveddddd it but since i started my pump today i switched to i bleive the one touch ultra link

I am using the one touch ultra for my MM pump, I just got a bayer contour usb and a myglucohealth meter as well which are Awesome. Haven't started using them though.

I use the OneTouch UltraLink with Minimed.  It's so nice not to have to put in what my numbers are! 

One touch ultra, the one I received at the hospital, 5 years ago.

[quote user="Katie"]

I use the OneTouch UltraLink with Minimed.  It's so nice not to have to put in what my numbers are! 

[/quote]

yea, i use the same one,

it's great!

[quote user="Katie"]

[/quote]

yea, i use the same one,

it's great!

One touch Ultra 2

one touch ping. goes with the animas ping pump.

I use a CGMS and a Accu-check (sp) - but I have about 10 testers around and every couple of months try a new one.   For years they were talking about on that you could grasp and check you sugar using light -- that was 15 years ago ...

Scott

I use the Freestyle Lite.   I wouldn't use the ear thing until it was just as accurate as blood testing either.

And until OneTouch makes a meter that uses less blood and doesn't start counting down till it has enough blood they've lost me as a customer.  I'm loving my Freestyle Lite.