Update!

Hi All!

It's been a while since I have posted much on her about my progress with a T1 Pregnancy...no luck yet!  Though we haven't started trying due to some medication issues I had been having over the summer.  My a1c was exactly where it needed to be for pregnancy, but for some reason, I suppose it just isn't my time to be pregnant yet.  I think my husband and I are going to be trying next summer instead...although this time around, I am going to avoid putting so much pressure on myself.  I feel like those of us with T1 are really in a strange boat because we are forced to be so hyper-focused on pregnancy prep that, for me, the excitement started to disappear the closer we got to trying.  Anyone else ever feel that way?  I can't wait to be a mom and look forward to continuing on the T1 journey with all of you! 

Best,

Katie

Yes Katie, I know how you feel.  My husband and I are waiting to get my next A1C test to see where I am before we officially start trying.  My endo says that everything looks good, but just need to get my A1C down a bit.  I have been working really hard, but sometimes I feel like aghhh just forget it! 

I think that because we put so much energy in the preparation and the build up of the actual time when the docs say ok you can start trying that we get a little burnt out.  I feel like there is a lot of time waiting to find out if you can start trying and frankly I  get tired of explaining why even though we want to have a baby we have to wait for the all clear and sometimes that takes time. 

Its nice to have people on here that understand because I feel like no one around me understands the rigors of pregnancy and diabetes and they all say oh just enjoy the time you have alone with your husband and oh it will happen before you know it.  For some reason those statements really irritate me, haha.  But they are only saying that because they are already pregnant or already have kids.

Keep us updated!