Type 1 and Janumet or Januvia

Are any other T1's using Janumet or Januvia for treatement of T1 in juveniles?  What has been the outcome?

Im a type 1.5 according to my endo, i have been on januvia since april 2010.

before that i was on metformin, but now i use them in combination. It worked really well for me for over a year, didnt require insulin until now since i had a very long honeymoon.  About to change tho i start insulin tomorow! just a basal for now but likely adding a bolus soon as well.

januvia only works when your still in the beginning of your honeymood period so i wouldnt think it would work well for very long, im not sure about janumet is that similar?

[quote user="EldriGZ"]

Are any other T1's using Janumet or Januvia for treatement of T1 in juveniles?  What has been the outcome?

[/quote]

i've not used those medicines since i was dx in 2007, but i am on metformin for pcos. because of metformin my cycles are back in sync!

He's definitely T1.  Started on insulin - fast and long acting along with just Januvia but over time has pretty much come off both insulins and now takes a combination of Januvia and Metformin which is Janumet.  I know there are clinical trials going on using this treatment but just wondering if anybody else is using it.