Sweating Problems

Does anyone have any kind of sweating problems? Ive been sweating alot more in the past year than ever. Im wondering if it's related or not to diabetes. My doc said to go get my thyroid checked. But in the meantime I thought Id ask on here.

what kind of sweating? palms, feet, and underarm or just in general?

My body in general. I dont think I wear anything that makes me sweat this bad. Its gotten worse over the past year.

i sweat so bad. when i excercise, my face goes red even when everyone elses isnt and i get this area around my mouth that doesnt turn red so it gives an illusion of a beard.

Sue is it all the time? Do you notice it more when you are high or low???

I mean for me when I used to sweat that was when I was in the low zone, mind you I still sweat, but it is for normal reasons and I can no longer count on it for detecting lows.

When I thyroid issues and when my dose for my thyroid was to high I usually felt hot and uncomfortable, but never sweaty.

I always noticed I sweat more than others...both in the heat and during exercise. Don't know how much diabetes has to do with it. I had my thyroid checked due to other concerns a few months back and came up normal, I'd be interested in hearing something from others who know more.

Yes, I have the same problem. It is usually when I am sleeping though, not so much when I am awake.

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism when I was 7 and of course I don't really remember much from then but what I do remember is the fact that I am a very tiny person and I tended to sweat more than others. It can be checked with a simple blood test. When I get my A1c done my endo does my thyroid tests too to make sure my medication dose is right. Better safe than sorry.

Well I just seem to sweat alot during the day. Not high or low. But I do become drenched in sweat when Im really low like 40 and under. Just walking around with friends I will be drenched in sweat where its rolling down my back and everyone else will be fine.

[quote user="Courtenay"]

i sweat so bad. when i excercise, my face goes red even when everyone elses isnt and i get this area around my mouth that doesnt turn red so it gives an illusion of a beard.

[/quote]

I know EXACTLY what you mean. I also get very red cheeks and have the illusion of a moustache when I'm hot. If the sweating is somehow related to diabetes, I'd be interested to learn how to prevent/stop it

[quote user="Courtney"]

I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism when I was 7 and of course I don't really remember much from then but what I do remember is the fact that I am a very tiny person and I tended to sweat more than others. It can be checked with a simple blood test. When I get my A1c done my endo does my thyroid tests too to make sure my medication dose is right. Better safe than sorry.

[/quote]

Oh, hypothyroidism, me too.

Are you taking medication for it now? I'm taking (well, SUPPOSED to be taking) Levothyroxine.

Did the medication (if any) help with the sweating?

[quote user="Savs"]

[quote user="Courtney"]

[/quote]

Oh, hypothyroidism, me too.

Are you taking medication for it now? I'm taking (well, SUPPOSED to be taking) Levothyroxine.

Did the medication (if any) help with the sweating?

[/quote]

That's what I take. I have no problems now, at all. I mean I can't even remember when I started taking it. I used to be really bad with keeping up with the pills until I was put on birth control and kind of had to take that. And then when the diabetes came around I got even better with taking my meds.

I've noticed this somewhat myself over the last two years.  I had attaributed it to smoking and not getting enough exercise but perhaps something else is going on.

I had the same problem last summer, anytime I did anything I found I was sweating so bad that it felt like someone had dumped a bucket of water over me. I found out from my CDE that it was probably because my throyid med's were to high of a dose. I had to switch my deortant to one of the Clinical ones and now my body has adjusted and everything seems better, but I still sweat more than others and I know it's becuase of the diabetes and the thryoid for me. The endo. says that in the winter my body will run at a lower tempature and when I get cold, I get right down to the bone and nothing other than a really long hot shower will warm me up. And in the summer my body runs at a higher tempature and I will sweat more than others by even going out for a easy 10-15 min. walk with my dog.

But like many other's have said I have noticed a change in my body tempature's over the past 2 yrs. and it almost feels like my internal temp. has gone up. And I sweat at all times of the day and night and it's uncomfortable espically being a women.

CJ 

I am always saying that my internal temperature is higher. I have noticed my sweating alot more over the past 1-2 years. I wont be doing anything and I will have sweat dripping down me. I have not seen the endo about this yet nor have I had my throid test done. Im not on any other meds besides humalog and lantus. I dont think my deodorant works either. I will have to try on of those clinical ones mentioned.