Snack to stabilize low blood sugar

Hello All, I’m looking for other suggestions of gluten free food that my daughter can have to help stabilize her BS after she drinks juice to get out of a low. We have been giving her 3 Lance gluten free peanut butter sandwich crackers with 4 oz of juice to raise & stabilize her BS. It has been working just fine. However, now we ran out of the crackers & they are no longer available to purchase. They were a perfect size & just the right amount of carbs. Perfect for something to grab in the middle of the night. Thank you. Happy Holidays

Hi, Jeannine! We were just talking about that:

I hear you on Lance pulling those GF peanut butter crackers. They really were perfect. :frowning:

Hi @srozelle . Forgive me for chiming in since I don’t know much about celiac aside from a look at the National Celiac Associations page, but a nutritionist once suggested yogurt as a good snack to carry blood sugars overnight. There may be some options that work for your son.

No forgiveness required — the more ideas the better! :slightly_smiling_face:

We use yogurt a fair bit. Snyder’s GF pretzels and peanut butter are a good substitute for the Lance peanut butter crackers, since you can easily portion them out. My daughter’s currently on a cashew kick — 8g per serving, and lots of staying power. (Be sure you’re getting GF; most nuts are processed on shared equipment, and that’s enough to make someone with celiac sick.)

PM me if you want more. We’ve tried all the GF brands there are, and that’s a lot!

@wadawabbit thanks for the idea. I didn’t think about yogurt.

@srozelle thanks for the ideas. Last night we used the Glutino crackers & I put a little peanut butter on them. It worked. It’s just extra work for the middle of the night. When things calm down, I’ll contact you about GF brands. You may have found something that I haven’t yet. Thank you. Happy Holidays

Agreed about the extra work in the middle of the night. It seems like a small thing, but I sure wish Lance would reconsider. And if anyone ever finds a small, GF peanut butter cracker, please let us know!