Snacks

Hey guys! Can anyone give me some snack/meal suggestions that are low in carbs so that I don’t have to constantly worry about bolusing so much? I eat a lot of pasta and bread so I could use some more foods! Thanks!

Cheese is a low carb snack so you could pair that with a couple crackers and it would only (depending on your dose ratio) be a few units or eat cheese string :slight_smile:

Eggs are also pretty much null on the carbs so hardboiled eggs are good snacks.

Here are some other ideas: 52 Low-Carb Snacks: Lists, Tips and Recipes

Hey!

I just wanted to share that I offer a free diabetic cooking show online and it was on ABC news twice. Check out my Avocado parfait video to satisfy your snack cravings. More videos are being released and there are more recipes available online. Provide feedback so I can make them better for all diabetics. Thanks.

www.healthresetmeals.com

Happy Glucose,

The Glucose Chef

@GlucoseChef,

Thank you for sharing that is so cool !!! I was diagnosed with T1D at the age of 25 as well. I am glad you turned something that was horrible into something positive! Good for you!!

Great ideas! I am always looking for new recipes!

Good Job!!!

I would say cheese and/or tree nuts. I eat a lot of both. I have nuts for lunch sometimes and about 1/4 cup or so for desert or a snack after supper.