Sensor loss for long time

One thing I found when I had frequent sensor issues, was that all three of the following were in place. I:

• was wearing denim,
  • had placed the sensor on my thigh (it works for me),
  • put my pump in a pocket on the opposite side of my body from the sensor.

I guess there’s something about the weight of denim, because the other two points being the same I had few if any signal losses. Wearing my pump on my waistband was a good work-around assuming I remembered to do it.
Don’t know if this helps but I thought I would throw it out - you never know.
I’m glad you got your replacements - what a relief!

1 Like

Thanks for the tips, that’s very helpful. This may be out of topic but does anyone know if Dexcom will replace sensors if they messed up because of taking medicine?

So my sister got sick this weekend. She’s had small ketones, blood sugars have been between 130-250 for the most. She hasn’t had insulin for the ketones because her doctor says to only have insulin if her ketones are moderate or higher. Since her throat was hurting she had some ibuprofen and I think that’s what messed with her sensor. She’s been experiencing sensor errors on and off. Sometimes the readings will be completely off, sometimes they’ll be accurate. Sometimes the readings don’t have arrows. Her sensor has been like that for the past 2 days.

I’d give them a call and try. Acetaminophen used to be an issue (although not with the G6) but I don’t think ibuprofen is. I’ve only had them ask about aceto- so you may be in the clear. Can’t hurt to call!

1 Like

I agree with @wadawabbit but I would say (to Dexcom customer service) “sensor inaccuracies after attempts to calibrate” and they will replace them. If your argument is ibuprofen “caused” the inaccuracy, you’ll lose, it’s not provable.

1 Like