Scuba diving!

Hey y'all!

My name's Amanda, I'm 19 years old and about to go on my first scuba diving trip in a few weeks!!! (Yes, people with Diabetes can dive, this isn't the reason I'm writing this post.)

I have been diabetic for over 6 years. I am on injections which means no pump to worry about in terms of disconnecting/reconnecting, etc.

BUT, are there any divers out there? If so how do you carry your supplies (snacks, glucagon, insulin, meter) on dive boats, and what is your usual routine in terms of testing your blood sugar? I know all the guidelines from DAN for people with diabetes, just looking for some personal experience.

Suggestions? Comments? Anything that would make my trip go nicely would be much appreciated!

On an unrelated note... I'd like to take pix underwater. We'll be diving 3 dives to about 35-40 ft. I don't know if I want to invest in a digital camera, but if it's a good one, it would be worth it. I'm worried because a lot of the "waterproof" cheap ones are only proof until about 10-15 ft. and they don't have a flash a lot of the time. If it helps, I'll be diving near Crystal River, FL.

I don't know a lot about photography but I want to have something to remember it by! And I want it to go smoothly blood-sugar-wise.

Thanks guys!

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

You can google, "divers with diabetes in Florida"..

Hope this helps you out..

Michael