Omnipod hooked up!

Michael,

As an FYI, the timer allows 8 hours following the expiration then it hard fails to a tone. The only other useful bit of trivia I have is that the #375 batteries inside of it are still good if you take them out fairly promptly - should you have a use for them (for me, my Navigator Transmitter uses those same batteries...)

Cheers!

A-D

Thank you very much for that tidbit of info A-D, very good to know.  ive only pushed it to about 3 hrs after so far and proboly wont do much more than that, I'm just trying to sync it up so I dont need to do a pod change every friday night anymore lol.

A-D & Gina,

I've been on the omnipod for about 6 months and it has its ups and downs, but you if your site goes bad you can get the extra insulin out. When you have the needle to draw up your new insulin put it in the hole where the insulin is in your old pod and tilt the pod down and then just pull the old insulin out. If you have any questions call your local omnipod rep. 

courtney,

The port is not designed as a dispenser and there is no good way to completely clean it.  Using a traditional syringe somewhat offsets this risk but still, it is not approved for that use even though the trainers are willing to endorse it.  Secondly, there are two enemies to insulin stability, plastic exposure is one and heat is another.  Continually withdrawing the insulin from a pod and using it to fill the next means maintaining some percentage of degraded insulin.  I know a number of people are doing this with some success, however, it is not a risk I am willing to take.

I’m glad it’s working out for you but I still will look forward to Insulet doing something more akin to what Solo has done with their soon to be released pump (http://www.solo4you.com/). 

Good lookin’ out!

Cheers!

A-D