Omnipod?

I am considering getting an Omnipod.  I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has experience with them, good or bad.  All comments would be much appreciated!  :)

I just searched for "omnipod" and found 746 entries.  You might want to try that.  It has been discussed a lot.

Mary-

My son is on the OmniPod.  Feel free to message me with any questions you might have about it.

Josh

Mary,

I'm on it and love it.  But as someone mentioned above, we have discussed Omnipod a lot on this site, so your best bet is to start with a search and see what people have said in the past.

If you want to chat more, please feel free to send me a message!  I'd be happy to discuss my likes and dislikes of the Omnipod system!

Stephanie

Hi, I am also on the Omnipod. I LOVE it! Feel free to message me!

Thanks for the offer to help.  I guess I'm a little nervous and skeptical about it.  I have been on shots for so long, I'm not sure if it will work for me.  I ordered the fee sample pod to get an idea of what it will be like.  I'm also a bit worried that my boyfriend will freak about something being attached to me.  But honestly...I'm tired.  Tired of fighting the highs and lows.  Tired of injections.  Just tired.  If it will make things easier and I can afford to get it, then I will at least be willing to see if it will work for me.  Is there a particular site that you use?  Does the insertion hurt?  Did the Omnipod rep help you to get things started?  I live in a remote place and the nearest rep is about 6 hours away.  I'm afraid I will be left to sink or swim.  What about lost insulin?  Does that happen alot?

Ive been on the Omni pod for a while now, Ive used both new and old pdms, if you ever want to hit me up with questions feel free I totally recommend it, if you go to the site they will send you a free demo oid to try out (:

Peace Hilary

opps I meant to say pod (:

[quote user="Mary B"]

Thanks for the offer to help.  I guess I'm a little nervous and skeptical about it.  I have been on shots for so long, I'm not sure if it will work for me.  I ordered the fee sample pod to get an idea of what it will be like.  I'm also a bit worried that my boyfriend will freak about something being attached to me.  But honestly...I'm tired.  Tired of fighting the highs and lows.  Tired of injections.  Just tired.  If it will make things easier and I can afford to get it, then I will at least be willing to see if it will work for me.  Is there a particular site that you use?  Does the insertion hurt?  Did the Omnipod rep help you to get things started?  I live in a remote place and the nearest rep is about 6 hours away.  I'm afraid I will be left to sink or swim.  What about lost insulin?  Does that happen alot?

[/quote]

I'm a few years older than you, but I think my comments might help you. I was on shots for 52 years before I started on the pump. That was 14 years ago, so it wasn't an OmniPod. When I was on shots I lost track of the number of times I was taken to the ER for severe hypoglycemia. In the 14 years I have been using a pump there has not been a single incident of severe hypoglycemia requiring a visit to the ER. You will have to learn a lot of new things, but after you have learned them, I believe you will find that daily living is a lot easier. You can't use a particular site, because, just like shots, you have to rotate your sites, or else the site you use repeatedly will soon lose its ability to absorb the insulin you need. Insertion is easier than injections, and no more painful. I can't comment on your remote location, and I don't understand what you mean about "lost insulin". And once you start pumping, like most pumpers, you will be asking yourself, why didn't I start pumping sooner?

Hi Mary,

I've been on the Pod for a little over a year. I am very happy with the pump. I have not tried any other pump so it would be hard for me to compare other pumps to the Pod. It will take a little training to get the hang of it. But I can honestly say the phone support is great. I've had Type 1 diabetes for about three years and I too was to the point of being tired of the shots, shots, shots!

You will lose a little insulin when you change Pods, but it's insignificant and your Doctor can increase your monthly usage to cover the small amount you will lose.

When I got the pump they did offer a 90 day return of the system-no questions asked, so your not out anything if it does not work for you. Go for it!

Wish you the best of luck, and feel free to ask any questions that you like I'm more than happy to share

Linda

i luv the omni pod it has changed my life soo much!