Newly diagnosed

Hello :slight_smile:
My 11 year-old son was just diagnosed with Type 1 on August 29th. We are very new to this and have no history in our family. I’m looking forward to getting involved in this group and getting support from others!
Kelly

hi Kelly @Kelrebecca,

it is really common to have no family history. Glad you are here and hope you have all the resources you need. The first year can be tough on everybody.

My 10 year old daughter was just diagnosed on June 9, so I am right there with you. This is all new to us and I am so glad to have found this support group.

My 7 year old son was diagnosed a couple days ago. I do have first and second cousins with Type 1, but it has still thrown us all for a loop. We are looking forward to meeting other families and getting involved in this group.

My daughter was just diagnosed this past month; she had dka and left the hospital on her 10th bday. I feel very sad most of the time. I’m glad in a way that it’s summer, but I’m already concerned about what it will look like when school starts. I hope being part of a group will help me cope. Thanks.