Newbie!

Hello!

I'm new here... was diagnosed in December 2009 with T2 Diabetes but later in January, they diagnosed me with T1.  It's been horrible so far... Emotionally, it's been like a roller coaster ride!!!

I try to be tough and show my family and friends that I'm okay.... but sometimes, I just want to CRY and SCREAM. Arrrgggghhhhhh.....  I really hate taking insulin shots!!!!

anyway, I hope I can find friends who actually "understand" and "been there, done that!"

ya i know exactly how you feel, I was just diagnosed april 9th type 1  ...I really hate the insulin shots too...I have to just not think about doing it and then i can do it but if i think about it too long it makes it very hard...

What how can not like being pin cushion!!! LOL Just kidding. I have had a couple of times of standing there needle in hand and crying. I was dx'ed aug./08 so I am still pretty new. The only thing that's a little different is I was 52 in ICU and DKA. And yes I understand it and I am there with you. Oh, almost forgot!!!!

Welcome to Juenation!!!

Hi dimplesjc,

Well 1st of all I would like to welcome to juvenation. And we have all been in your position at one time or another, I just had my 14th anniversay yesterday and when I have to give my self a shot I still cry....and very much scream about it.

But it will get easier and hopefully less painful for you, the dr's might keep you on daily shots(MDI) for at least a yr or so and may give you the option at that time to decide if you want to start on a pump.

Keep your head up and we have all been there and done that, and we will be there when you need someone to chat with, rant to and even have a melt down to.

"If it were true that we are what we eat, then I am fast, easy, and cheap" --Barbara Johnson

[quote user="CJ"]

Hi dimplesjc,

Well 1st of all I would like to welcome to juvenation. And we have all been in your position at one time or another, I just had my 14th anniversay yesterday and when I have to give my self a shot I still cry....and very much scream about it.

But it will get easier and hopefully less painful for you, the dr's might keep you on daily shots(MDI) for at least a yr or so and may give you the option at that time to decide if you want to start on a pump.

Keep your head up and we have all been there and done that, and we will be there when you need someone to chat with, rant to and even have a melt down to.

"If it were true that we are what we eat, then I am fast, easy, and cheap" --Barbara Johnson

[/quote]

CJ love that line!!! That's me!!!

Welcome to Juvenation......I think it is safe to say that we have all been ready to scream and probably yell obsenities about finger pricks and insulin injections!!!  I know I certainly go there at least twice or three times a month!  You have come to the right place for great information, advice, and support!  I love it here!!!

[quote user="Keith221"]

CJ love that line!!! That's me!!!

[/quote]

keith, we already knew that ;o)

welcome to juvenation! this is a great place for support, friendship, and advice. :o)

thanks keith, and i do think that it applies to all of us but when i read this quote i had a very good laugh and it was a good thing that our dog was the only other one home at the time!!! And again just for you Keith, Kim and C

"If it's true that we are what we eat, then I'm fast, easy and cheap" -- Barbara Johnson