Newbie here :)

Hi,

I am hoping to me able to meet other adults who live with diabetes, to find out how you all deal with your life on a day to day basis and deal with all the problems that this disease causes. I really hate living with this disease. The complications that go with it are just so awful and meds sometimes just don't do enough to help with the pain and everything.

Glad to see you're being so active on here! It's a great place to "meet" people and get to know others struggling along with you. We all understand where you're coming from, and have been through the "hating diabetes" part before. Some of us (like myself) have developed complications too. I really hope you are able to find the friendship and support you are looking for :o) This is a great place to start!

Hi there!

I'm kinda new to D as well, dx'd just alittle over 2 years ago, and I'm 47.  I think I'm going through a rough time with my Diabetes as well.  I can totally relate to the day to day.  My issues are up and down blood sugars which make me feel crazy sometimes.  I'm a pumper and I have a CGM, both are a blessing, but truthfully this is a hard thing to manage.  Just got back from my doc and she just reminds me to live it one day at a time and not be so hard on myself. 

When I was first dx'd, I'd lost 35 lbs. and kinda liked how I was looking.  Of course, I felt really crappy and was blown away to find out what was going on, but I truly felt like, and sometimes still do, that my life was turned upside down.  It has affected everything- diet, exercise, independence, confidence, etc.  But when I get down, I usually log in and read and chat with others, and it makes me feel so much better.  So all that to say, I'm glad you've found us, and I LOVE your quote! :)

M

welcome to juvenation :o)

Living with diabetes can be tough, but it doesn't have to run or ruin your life.  I've had it for 18 years and I still have really good days and really bad days.  Once you get it under "control" your life can be as normal as possible.  Just make sure you take care of yourself and don't do any shortcuts.  There are times when I try to squeeze an half day out of my infusion set with my pump and I'll pay with a high blood sugar.  Or I'll try to tell if I'm high or low based on how I feel instead of checking my blood sugar with my meter.  Follow your doctor's instructions and test your blood sugar as often as you can to keep it in range.

Good advice Paul. I am new at this also and people like you help alot. Thanks.