New user

Hello all! I just found this forum and it looks great! Can’t wait to really start reading and seeing how others feel about their T1D.

I’m a 38 year old female diagnosed in 2005. I’ve been using the Omnipod since 2013 and love it. I am hoping to conceive in the next few months so the pregnancy topics will really be helpful!

-Stephanie

3 Likes

Welcome! Glad to see your post. I’ll look forward to seeing more.

Welcome, Stephanie! Nice to have you with us. It’s a good community. I hope being here can help you, and maybe you’ll be able to help guide others in turn. Good luck conceiving! Pregnancy will be an adventure.

Welcome to TypeOneNation! It really IS a wonderful community, and we’re glad you’re here. Browse away, post anytime, and good luck on your journey to parenthood. Babies are a lot of work, but they’re worth it! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello Stephanie. Welcome to the forum. We are so glad that you found us. There is a plethora of information contained in topics on this forum. We look forward to seeing your contributions and giving our life’s experience advise so if you need them just ask. Wishing you all the best in your journey becoming parents. Please stay active on the forum and when the little test shows positive be sure to connect with other T1D mothers to be to discuss and get ideas from each other. Everyones situation is different but there is always advise and opinions that can be utilized from others that have personally gone through simular events. Be sure to take care of yourself and keep everything in optimal condition for the magical moment when that + appears.

1 Like

Hello Stephanie and welcome,

So glad you found us! Many of us have lived with diabetes for a long time. I was diagnosed almost 57 years ago (July 28 is my “Diaversary”)! I have two children and would be happy to answer any questions as you go through your pregnancy. Mine, I think, were more difficult on my spouse than on me, but that was before I went on a pump or CGM. You said you are using the Omnipod pump. Are you using a CGM as well? It could help with changing blood sugars. I know it would have helped me!

I hope you have a safe and healthy.I believe there are already some discussions about diabetes and pregnancy on the Forum. Check them out! Never hesitate to ask any questions as well. We are all here to help if we can!

Pam K
T1D 57 years and counting!

1 Like