New Member Here On TypeOneNation

Just joined TypeOneNation today. I’ve been a type 1 diabetic since I was 21 (I just turned 70 4+ week ago). I was diagnosed when I was getting my physical for the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy. Prior to my diagnosis, I lost 50+ lbs in less than 30 days & I was eating 7-8 big meals/day, drinking gallons of H2O, & urinating countless times day & night. In 2006, I was involved in a near fatal car wreck. After I came to, the paramedics said my blood sugar was 30. I fractured both legs & after 3 years if trying to save my leg from a diabetic foot ulcer, the surgeons said lose it or die. I’m still here. I’ve had a Medtronic insulin pump(s) for last 10-12 years & currently use the Medtronic 770G. I love it.

That’s all for now

Hello @sherlock2667 welcome to Type One Nation. I hope to see you around the forum. We have a number of participants here, and I haven’t added us up lately but our collective experience is hundreds probably thousands of years dealing with type 1. Welcome aboard! :four_leaf_clover:

Thanx Joe. I look forward to learning more about other Type 1 users & sharing my experiences.

1 Like

I neglected to mention that I also use Medtronic CGM Guardian 3 sensors that send readings to my smartphone 24/7

Hi Ron @sherlock2667 and welcome to the TypeOneNation Forum! I look forward to you sharing tips garnered from living with diabetes for so long and to see you jump in and encourage others.

You passed 70 just about the time I passed 80; I’ve had diabetes since I was about 14 - 15 and finally diagnosed on my 16th birthday.

Like you, I’ve used three MiniMed pumps made for Medtronic and now enjoy the convenience of the Tandem t-Slim pump paired with the Dexcom G6 for Control IQ algorithm. Sorry to hear your ill-fated journeyof three years ago - fear of that has had me doing a finger-stick before getting behind the wheel, and then stopping every two hours to check again. Of course, now with the CGM connected to my phone an pump andf then with the car audio, I know when I am dowwn to 90 and expected to drop lower.

Do you like your MiniMed 770G? From time-to-time there are posts here from people who haven’t had positive experiences - you may want offer suggestions and encouragement from your experience.

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing a little about your history. Looking forward to your contributions!

I love my 770G. I’ve never had issues with any of my Medtronic pumps. I’ll gladly contribute when timely & appropriate. Thanx for sharing your experiences. Hope you’re enjoying your weekend.

1 Like

Thanx for the warm welcome Dorie. I look forward to learning & contributing when appropriate. Have a great Sunday evening,