My 12 year old son needs friends his age TD1 to connect with

My 12year old son needing friends and I started worrying about his because he is lonely . This year we choose to homeschool him due to several reason but he is very outgoing and loves interacting with others. It would be helpful for him to connect with other TD1 kids around the same age .

Hi @martcl711 and welcome to the forum. Quick answer, if you do a search for the word “friends” you’ll find people of various age groups looking for same for themselves or their kids. I would caution you not to post your email or contact info directly on the site, since it is open to anyone and you can’t be too careful these days. But you can send private messages by clicking on the person’s name and get in touch that way. So proceed with caution but at least your info is not out there for all the world to see.
I went to diabetes camps when I was his age and had a great time. He might protest “Mom, I’m TWELVE!! I’m too OLD for camp!” but they do have them for kids his age who are willing to give it a shot.
Wishing you all the best, and I hope his home schooling is going well.

Hey martci711,
My son is 12 and diagnosed over the last year. He would love to connect with your son. Through what avenue could they connect?
Lucy

That is so wonderful my son was diagnosed about 5 years ago . We live in N.C. I’m not sure how close you are to us but my son does have a cell phone and we do monitor his screen time and stuff if they could connect like that or if you have another Idea. I guess I should have thought that one through . lol

Hi Crystal. My type 1 son will be 12 next month, God-willing. I take him to work with me and he does online school. He was diagnosed 4 years ago. I would love for the boys to connect. We live in Michigan.

Hi Crystal! I have a 13 year old daughter who has T1D, and she is going through a rough time right now, and she doesn’t have too many friends to talk to. If you would like to contact her, her email is GrHilterbrand@students.henhudschools.org

This is so awesome I’m going to let my 12 year old Wesley message her if that’s ok he will be excited . And y’all will be in my prayers , I know first hand what your going through and no one likes seeing there kid unhappy we all need someone we can relate to

In life so thank you for responding bc

it’s been tough for my son too so thank you for reaching out to me this is great !

This is awesome thank you so very much for reaching out to me and I’m willing to do anything for my son to have someone he can connect with . I’m setting up email for my son tomorrow and we’ve been thinking about a cell phone for him since he wears CGM he could use it instead of his receiver. So if your son has email or cell phone they could exchange those. I’m even willing to do a trip make it an educational field trip for home school and meet half way do site seeing . I don’t know that’s just an idea . I will message you and give you my sons email address tomorrow and if you want to reach out to connect the boys . Yay ! That’s exciting !

Hi! I’m gabby my mom gave you my email?

Hi Gabby I’m so glad you reached out to me I have a 12 year old son who type 1 and he is wanting to meet some new friends his age . I just sent his email up and he will email you later this evening . I’m excited for you both to connect . Wish we lived a lot closer but that’s ok . My sons name is Wesley Martin he is in 7th grade he will be 13 in July and he has had type 1 since he was 6 years old. He will email you from gmail so you’ll know who it is . Thank you for taking time to message me Gabby .

Im homeschooled as well.Im 14 and my name is Eve if your son ever wants to talk my email is bqpower12@gmail.com

No problem! I’m so excited!

Hi this is Wesley I’m 12 years old

Hi Wesley! What’s up?