Lunch

I am on mdi. I have to eat 60 carbs at lunch because I`m not supposed to adjust my nph. The probleme is that I am never hungry at lunch. Does anyone have any good meal ideas that are easy to make quikly in the morning , take to school and would easily make 60 carbs?

figure skater girl,

I am pretty sure you could get there with a ripe banana (25+) a peanut butter sandwich and milk.  I would suggest adding some carrots or other veggies as a side but carb wise...  There are so many variations with types of bread and a number of different peanut butters.... If you're really not hungry much you could sub a 1/2 tuna salad sandwich and a drink box for the PB sandwich and probably get to about the same carb spot (of course you'll have two drinks...)... anyhow.. Hopefully Ginger or some of the other more nutritionally adept folks will chime in here soon...

I hope this was more helpful than annoying...

Cheers!

A-D

Pasta, pasta, pasta!  It always surprises me when I read the label on pasta packages.  It is a very high-carb option, so a little goes a long way.  You can get quite creative with different types of pasta salads, changing up the type of noodles or shells as well as the other ingredients.  Dare to venture beyond the basic macaroni, celery and mayonnaise version.  For example, you could do a penne noodle with feta cheese, black olives and cherry tomatoes mixed with either a store-bought or homemade greek salad dressing.  Pasta salads are great because you can prepare them ahead of time and they keep well in the fridge for a few days.

Have fun!

Nads 

[quote user="Nads"]Pasta, pasta, pasta!  It always surprises me when I read the label on pasta packages.  It is a very high-carb option, so a little goes a long way[/quote]

i have discovered frozen pasta with lots of different sauce and noodle choices. works well because just add a glass of milk and im good. but the pastas have a lot of fat in it so i should try to find something healthier. pasta salad sounds like a good choice because i could add the veggies into it and have a low fat salad dressing(i never realized how fatty salad dressing is. gross, 8 grams per tblspn)