Looking for Help with Science Fair Project about Type 1 Diabetes

Hello,

I was diagnosed with Type-One Diabetes in February of this year and I am in a FDA drug study that tests the effects of Alpha-1 Anti-Trypsin (AAT) on Type-One Diabetics. I am running a research project for my high school’s science fair and am looking for volunteers to participate in my experiment. If you are interested, this would involve you recording your blood glucose levels for seven consecutive days while consuming high glycemic index foods and low glycemic index foods on specific days. I will analyze all the data I receive to determine the differences in carbohydrate handling between Type-One Diabetics who have received AAT treatment and those who have not. If you are interested in being part of this experiment, please email me at bend329@yahoo.com and I will send you my research plan and the Informed Consent form. Once you return your signed Informed Consent form, I will send you a numbered data entry form. Record the appropriate data on the data sheet, or simply download your tester data from your device and attach to the form, and return to me by November 30, 2014.

Thank you for your help with this research.

bend329@yahoo.com