Just a thought about the educating others group content

I have been trying to get non-d people to check out the educating others section. I think that the" live with Diabetes for a day"  video is a great addition to that section. However I was wondering if there is anyone brave enough on MDI to record a day in their life also. To show what those of us on MDI have to go through on daily basis also. This may not even go anywhere, I was just curious what other opinions may be on this idea.

This sounds like a great idea to me, I would be willing to do it.  What do you have in mind?

Eric,

My thought is to have a  video like Gina's, but show what it's like on MDI instead of the pump. I find that most people assume because I am a T1D that I am on the pump. I have to tell them that although majority are probably are on the pump, I still take shots because it's my personal preference. That way a non-d could experience both types of insulin therapy.

Maybe we could have Gina give her opinion on what you could do.

Thank you for volunteering for this, I'm way too shy to do it ; )

Hi Eric,

I worked with the JDRF and the developers of the website for the videos. I can ask to see if this is something they would be interested in. Will let you know the response.

Gina

[quote user="Gina"]

Hi Eric,

I worked with the JDRF and the developers of the website for the videos. I can ask to see if this is something they would be interested in. Will let you know the response.

Gina

[/quote]

i'm probably not the ideal diabetic but i'd be up for doing a video like that! i love stabbing myself in front of people! haha

[quote user="orange_mms"]

I have been trying to get non-d people to check out the educating others section. I think that the" live with Diabetes for a day"  video is a great addition to that section. However I was wondering if there is anyone brave enough on MDI to record a day in their life also. To show what those of us on MDI have to go through on daily basis also. This may not even go anywhere, I was just curious what other opinions may be on this idea.

[/quote]

Sounds like a great idea Orange :) I hope one is made !!