JDRF Fundraising

My daughter was 15 months when she was diagnosed she's now almost 5, so a few years into this whole thing we're not completely overwhelmed but we really want to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

To that I want to create a calendar, featuring 12 children, ages 1-12 or thereabouts, and their stories.  I am a photographer and with the parents help we'll get a wonderful picture of the child maybe with their paraphanalia, and write up their story.

I'm hoping to have a few hundred made, maybe more and either sell them online, or have the local chapter of the JDRF do it, or perhaps even the endo's office.  If anyone is interesting in having their child be a part of this please contact me.

Thanks

Ches Weldishofer

www.studioches.com

http://www.dpchallenge.com/image.php?IMAGE_ID=529164

I think this is such a great idea for a Fundraiser!  Unfortunately, my son is 15 now or I would be happy to contribute.  I see that you live in San Antonio....we live in The Woodlands, north of Houston!  I also have a new 'diabetes device' that I too am working to share with others and give back to JDRF at the same time....my husband also works for Novo Nordisk as a Hospital Rep, so we are very involved with helping find a 'cure' and a 'light at the end of the tunnel' for diabetes.....my husband says there is some very 'promising research' taking place.  We will all have to 'hang in there' with our children and stay positive!  I sure hope your calendar does well.....good luck! 

Chess,

I have an 8 year old son with type 1 and calendars sound like a good idea for fundraising.  I would be interested in hearing more about this idea.  We participate in the walk and are always looking for ways to raise money.

ReneeC

I think that is a great idea, My daughter is 7 she was diagnosed over a year ago. We too do the walk we are already signed up for this years.  Great ideas can change our world.  I would be interested in this.

I'm thinking I may have to extend my scope a bit :)

Maybe an 18 month calendar to start with. 

I think I'll set up a twitter account for it to start with, see if we can get more coverage for people wanting to help and maybe wanting to preorder even. 

What should we call the project/calendar?

I'd call it Chesna's Hope, because to me that's what it is.  Hope that a cure if found so her life is better, but with a lot of other kids involved, maybe that's selfish of me.

any ideas?  (Heck if it works well.  Maybe it'll become a yearly thing.  That'd be encouraging.

I have a 5 year old girl that would be great for the calendar. See her at www.teamcharleigh.com

Let me know if you would like her in it, and what to do..

Thats our fundraising page for JDRF

fred

Well after many months and a lot of work.  I DID get this finished.  I feel funny posting it here since I'm not around much but I think it's a mission that deserves to be broadcast.  So if you're interested in seeing more about it.  Email me or check out the website... http://bit.ly/3UZ9jI