Insurance - Supply & Insulin Costs

We have Aetna and it pays for everything 100%: Novolog, tests strips, lancets, syringes, Lantus, Glucagon, pump supplies, and a new pump every 4 years.  We are extremely lucky.  I wish everyone was afforded the same coverage as us.

[quote user="Dwight"]

Matt, there is a secondary insurance called Gateway that covers everything 100%. JDRF can give you information and how to go about it. Also it doesn't matter how much income you make. There are some steps that you have to go thru, but it is well worth it.

30 dollars here and there adds up pretty quick, so i would definitley look into it. Goodluck!!

Dwight

[/quote]

Dwight, I'm not finding Gateway on JDRF's site. Did you have to call them to get the contact info? Also, how much does it cost? Thanks!

[quote user="Beth"]

We have Aetna and it pays for everything 100%: Novolog, tests strips, lancets, syringes, Lantus, Glucagon, pump supplies, and a new pump every 4 years.  We are extremely lucky.  I wish everyone was afforded the same coverage as us.

[/quote]

Why is your Aetna good and my Aetna sucks...what is your secret? :)

[quote user="Pat"]

[quote user="Beth"]

[/quote]

Why is your Aetna good and my Aetna sucks...what is your secret? :)

[/quote]

Wasn't it Will Ferrel in Step Brothers that said... "It's all about who you know." hahaha

Have you used Gateway? I am struggling with pump/Cgm bills that are through the roof. I’ve received bills for almost 1000 within 2 months. Several have been sent to collections, and I can’t get more supplies till the bills are paid… and this is WITH INSURANCE. I am so frustrated, and don’t know what to do. There is no extra money to pay for this.