Insulin Assistance Programs- COVID-19 response

FYI…

FDA/Prescribing Update
Patient Assistance Programs for Insulin: A Response to COVID-19
In April, Eli Lilly and Company and Novo Nordisk introduced additional patient assistance programs to help patients who may have been financially affected by COVID-19.
Eli Lilly introduced the Lilly Insulin Value Program which allows anyone with commercial insurance or those without insurance to fill their monthly prescription of Lilly insulin for $35. This covers most Lilly insulins including all Humalog formulations (i.e., Humalog®, Humalog Mix® 50/50, and Humalog Mix® 75/25) and non-branded insulins. Patients can get a Lilly Insulin Value Program card by calling the Lilly Diabetes Solution Center at 833-808-1234 (M-F; 8am-8pm EST). Due to federal guidelines, seniors on Medicare Part D plans are not eligible for a co-pay card but they can still contact the Solution Center for other options like Lilly’s Insulin Lispro, a non-branded version of Humalog®.

Similarly, Novo Nordisk expanded eligibility criteria for their Diabetes Patient Assistance Program (PAP). Patients that have lost health insurance coverage due to a change in job status as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic can receive Novo Nordisk insulins (i.e., Tresiba®, Levemir®, Fiasp®, Novolog®, Novolog Mix® 70/30, and Novolin®) free of charge for 90 days. To access this program, participants will need to complete the PAP applica-tion and provide documentation showing loss of healthcare benefits, such as a job termination notice or proof that COBRA benefits are being offered.
If a patient is having difficulty affording their insulin (or other medications) due to COVID-19, the PMG Medication Assistance Program (MAP) is available to assist. The MAP department can help patients and providers navigate the COVID-19 patient assistance programs as well as other assistance options.

Alternatively, Novolin® N, Novolin® R, and Novolin® 70/30 remain available at Wal-mart for $25 per vial or ~$44 per box of 5 pens.

Sources:
Lilly.com [Last updated April 7, 2020]. Lilly.com | Eli Lilly and Company [Accessed May 4, 2020]
Novocare.com [Last updated April 2020]. Novo Nordisk offers free 90-day insulin supply to people experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 [Accessed May 4, 2020]
Written by: Vivian W. Tang, PharmD, BCACP
Page 5

4 Likes

However there IS a way to BYPASS that ultimate BS :grin:.

IF you are willing BYPASS Lilly insulins all together and use NovoNordisk and use… up to 3500units of Novo insulins my99insulin | NovoCare®
And they ALLOW Medicare patients
Also if you have Medicare and pay FULLY out of pocket this can also help
Insulins Valyou Savings Program Sign Up | ADMELOG® (insulin lispro) 100 Units/mL injection
SANOFI ValYOU programme which helps up to 10 vials or boxes of pens of Sanofi insulins.

3500 units? Just checking.

The NovoCares programme is good for up to 3500 units. That is 1 box of pens (1500u) and 2 vials (2000u) total 3500u, 3 vials (3000u), 2 boxes of pens (3000u)…
But yes, the NovoCares programme is $99 per 35ml or 3500u of insulin
Read under Pharmacist instructions. And you are allowed up to 150ml under this programme or 15,000u

Thank you for clarifying.

That is why I gave the links… for the individual people to read. I actually did not have to say anything.
I could have said this “NovoNordisk and Sanofi-Aventis have programmes that allow those that have Federally subsidized insurance to participate. They are NovoCares.com and the YouValue programme at admelog.com” and left it at that. (I don’t use it, as I am fully insured). Maybe next time I will…