In need of novolog insulin

My partner, Nadine, has T1 and is visiting me from Germany right now. Because of the COVID-19 situation, she might have to go home to Germany. We really don’t want her to go. We’re nervous if she gets stuck here in America she won’t have access to Insulin. We’re really struggling because the price in America is crazy. Any tips on how to get NovoLog here or how to have it shipped internationally! Please help!!!

@celinereitzin Hi Celine and welcome to the JDRF TypeOneNation Forum!

Novolog is readily available in the USA, and I’m told, still in plentiful supply at regular drugstores/pharmacies. In the USA, a doctor’s prescription is necessary and as you say, is expensive. It is also available from on-line prescription centers.

It is possible for her friends / family in Germany to purchase Novolog there and ship it to her here - I’d recommend overnight delivery and that it be packaged well.

Hello, I don’t know if this will help you but my insurance does not cover a lot of the Novolog and I use the savings card found here: Diabetes Medicine Savings & Support | NovoCare®

They have prices you can check to see where it would be cheaper and they also have a savings card you can sign up for which makes your insulin cheaper and can be used with insurance. If it’s not being put through your insurance you can always google Novolog Savings Card and a bunch will come up that you can use instead of insurance and it will make it cheaper. Hope this helps! :relaxed:

Hi @celinereitzin. As someone else has already stated, a prescription is required for Novolog. As far as cost, check out the Goodrx website/app - it shows process at various pharmacies in and around your zip code. Some prices require a coupon which is available on the site. Price with the coupon for 5 Humalog pens ranges from about $125-$250 in my area - yours may be different.

My endocrinologist gets free samples of insulin that is dispensed to patients in financial difficulties. I suggest contacting endocrinologists and asking if any can offer a vial of Novolog from their stash. Surely some other good doctors exist.