Implantable Pump Article in June-July "Diabetes Health"

Hi All,

Just finished reading Part 1 of the article referred to in this post's Subject line (A Miracle Technology for Type 1s: Can it Be Saved) then visited the Diabetes Health web site to read Part 2 along with the comments made by Medtronic and thought I'd share the link with you folks -

http://www.diabeteshealth.com/read/2011/04/17/7124/a-miracle-technology-for-type-1s-can-it-be-saved-/

If you have a free 15-30 minutes you might find what's been written extremely interesting.  As I read through the article I was ready to try and generate a mass movement of all the T1s I could reach.  A movement that might storm the walls of the Medtronic and/or FAA castles and attempt to burn down those missions.  Thankfully Medtronic's response and reasoning provided me the necessary pause.

So, I subsequently find myself between two different trains of thought. 

Number 1 - I'm extremely jealous of the folks who've experienced the transplants, regardless of the 4 times a year trip to France (that could be fun, if done correctly!).  And, Number 2 - wanting to believe that Medtronics is continually working on some leading edge technological advances that will, eventually, improve all our lives.

Would love to hear thoughts from my compadres.

Thanks,

Jery     

Was diagnosed back in 2007 with Type 1. Just recently, I was diagnosed with Type 2! My family and I thought it was a joke, but it's true! I can tell you how I did it, but I don't want to offend anyone here who believes no cure is possible. You can email me directly and I will answer you: info@thehealthfoodguru.com

Was diagnosed back in 2007 with Type 1. Just recently, I was diagnosed with Type 2! My family and I thought it was a joke, but it's true! I can tell you how I did it, but I don't want to offend anyone here who believes no cure is possible. You can email me directly and I will answer you: info@thehealthfoodguru.com