I'm pregnant!

Yesterday was the scariest day of my life. I went into severe hypoglycemia and passed out and started having a seizure. Luckily my husband gave me my glucagon shot and called 911 and I was okay. This morning I took a pregnancy test and it was positive! I am so happy! I have been type 1 for 18 years but I can tell this will be the toughest part thus far. I am just so excited and I had to share my happy news! =)

Congratulations to you and your husband!!! 

All the hormones that flow through your body during pregnancy cause low blood sugar.  I had a constant struggle with this my entire pregnancy...even at the end when they say you will require 3 times more insulin and possibly have a 1:1 carb to insulin ratio...it never happend to me (everyone is different though...so I wish you the best of luck with your BG control for the next nine months).  My basal rate went up slightly...but even the day before my daughter was born I was constantly low and all the hospital would give me was regular popcicles.  I swear I ate about a dozen of them!!  Be sure to keep several juice boxes on hand!!  Your experience sounds very scary!!  Glad that you are OK!

~Nicki :o)