How many times do you test per day?

and how much do the test strips cost you each month?

when i was on the pump...about 6 times a day, sometimes more. now that i'm back on MDI my endo wants a min. of 4 times a day.

thankfully i have extended benefits through work..so until Jan 1 they pay 100% of my supplies, after that they will pay 80% until i hit my $1000 deductible and it will go back to 100%.

my daughter script says 6-7 we test closer to 4-5. For 200 test strips it was 40 bucks with my insurance.  They will only cover the test strips for the one touch. The accu check without insurance was 250 bucks so we had to change to the other meter we got.

I try to test around 6-8 times per day..but recently its been about 4-5. I have great insurance (my father is a doc) which gives me all my supplies for free (holler). I use the one-touch strips (I've been using those for about 12+ years). My pharmacy also hooks me up with a new meter every year. Since I'll be off my parents insurance next year (I'll be 23), I'm getting a little worried about how I'm gonna afford supplies.

6-9 times day

strips and insulin are free (no co-pay) on my current insurance. (soooo excited when we changed  to BC/BS and I found that out!)

we test around 10 times per day. it's paid off with lower HbA1c's. Our insurance is pretty good to cover our supplies, but my wife has to badger the insurance company periodically to make sure we get the full benefit.

[quote user="Red Maxwell"]

we test around 10 times per day. it's paid off with lower HbA1c's. Our insurance is pretty good to cover our supplies, but my wife has to badger the insurance company periodically to make sure we get the full benefit.

[/quote]

I agree that more testing = better a1c! I've been trying for more towards 8-9 rather than 6, but .... doesn't always happen.

When I was pregnant, I was testing about 15 times a day, and my fingers tips hurt after nine months! I didn't even need a lancet, I'd just squeeze my finger nd get blood. (:

For those testing more often per day, are you using fingers, arm, or both?