Hello!

I was diagnosed with diabetes 11 years ago, but this is the first time I've reached out to any sort of diabetic community.  I'm 22, so I've now been diabetic half my life.  Crossing that line where I have now lived with diabetes longer than without really got me thinking about the ways diabetes impacts my daily life, especially my emotional well-being. 

I am exited to meet other people with Type 1, to share stories and experiences, and to get a little reassurance that I am not a failure as a person just because my blood sugar is 300 (though a little support and motivation to avoid the 300s would be great too...) This looks like a wonderful site and I'm exited to get involved!

Hi Lorax, I do Have to say that this is a wonderful site. I have had diabetes for 11 years too. I am now 14 years old. For about the past year or so...I have been doing more thing's with diabetes. I Love this site alot. The people on here are so nice and They have good advice for Us. For u have something that u dont kown y and wanted to kown why.....Hope u like this site too lorax

Thanks for your post!  What other things have you been doing with diabetes this past year?

Well I would like to do a JDRF Walk  but i think my mom dont want to...Tell my friend more about diabetes...If they have a Question I tell them about what they want to kown....Next summer i want to go to a diabetes camp to meet other people with diabetes but my mom and dad said That I am not going next summer to camp.

Hey, welcome to Juvenation!  I've had diabetes for 11 years too, but I just found this site about a year ago.  It's a great place to come if you need to vent about something, ask questions, or want to help others.  We're a very supportive community :) 

By the way, you're definitely not a failure if your blood sugar is 300.  Mine have been crazy for the past couple of days (mainly lows).  Nobody's perfect! 

Welcome Lorax,

You'll meet very nice people here and all kinds. I myself am sort of a freak of nature. I have been diabetic about 15 months now, dx'ed at age 52, weird huh??? Feel free here you among friends.

welcome to the site, lorax (fabulous book, by the way)! here you can share your own experiences and feelings, answer questions, and have questions answered. we do it all here :o) i hope you like it.

haha wow I've been diabetic for 11 years now too. I just recently found this site as well and it has been such a relief lately to read stories of other type 1 diabetics and finally feel, after all these years like im not alone. Its as if everyone is saying what im thinking or feeling. Its been so nice to have this site to turn to!

Good to see more people finding, signing up for and participating here.  It is a great site.  Vent about the trials and tribulations or the ebb and flow of the good about diabetes.  Or blather on about the most pointless and inane topics like I do.  Daily.  Tis great.  I've had diabetes for almost fourteen years now, about half my life as well.  Before here, I knew a grand total of two diabetics.

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone!  It's great to hear from other people who are dealing with the same kinds of things, and I'm happy to be here!

I was also 11 when i got diabetes and am now 19 . . . I joined about a year ago after avoiding the subject of diabetes for years (still taking care of it, but not expressing any emotion). Joining this sight was the best thing I could have done for my emotional health with regard to diabetes. Welcome to the sight!