Guys, your manhood depends on it! Seriously

Quick moment of little discretion ahead:

I work at an ER and I was talking to one of our nurses today about my diabetes.  I tell her how the fear of getting E.D. is enough to keep me on top of my blood sugars.

She tells me that on a previous renal floor she worked on she saw 4 diabetic patients with penis amputations along with a bevvy of other limb amputations due to poor blood sugar control.

She said she'd often see penises with black ulcers like you'd see on an ulcerated foot.  "Oh yeah, it's just like any other appendage," she says nonchalantly.

A "penectomy".  News to me.  I never even considered that to be possible.  I've always been paranoid about E.D., but this  revelation shook my world.

There's my appeal to fear for the day...if a complete penis removal isn't enough to motivate you into keeping good control then you're not appreciating life enough.

What if they only take some of it?

/I kid...I like my manhood the way it is

Great, I am already 54 now this!!! Just kidding. You can bet my control is going to stay good. This I never thought about, really good point. Hey, what about women's, OK what would be a good way to say this??? Does this happen to the girls (you know)??? Girls!! LOL

No, our vaginas stay attached, but continuous high blood sugar leads to a fabulous situation called a yeast infection.

Everyone, for the sake of our sexual organs, let's try to stay on top of things, eh?

[quote user="Sarah"]

No, our vaginas stay attached, but continuous high blood sugar leads to a fabulous situation called a yeast infection.

Everyone, for the sake of our sexual organs, let's try to stay on top of things, eh?

[/quote]

LOL that's good advice if you ask me!!!  Oh, by girls I meant, you know the two girls and to quote a song sitting way up high. LOL

OH!  Alright, Bob Segar's "girls."  That's a good question.  I'm curious myself now.  I'll do some research instead of working and get back to you on that.

According to my doc, diabetic guys and girls can get yeast infections. Not sure if that was a scare tactic to make sure I keep my stuff in check, but yeah.

It'll grow back right?

I spelled Seger incorrectly.  Shameful.

Shit. :(  I've never heard of this either.  Noted, and Definately added to "the list" :)

Thanks for the info, sir.

[quote user="Pat"]

According to my doc, diabetic guys and girls can get yeast infections. Not sure if that was a scare tactic to make sure I keep my stuff in check, but yeah.

[/quote]

actually, guys can get yeast infections even if they aren't diabetic. if your girlfriend/one night stand/whatever has a yeast infection and you have unprotected sex with her, the guy usually ends up with that yeast infection. AND if the guy doesn't treat it either, he just ends up giving it back and then it just goes back and forth if both of them don't treat it.

so it's the gift that keeps on giving? How sweet. Forget Valentine's day shopping!

/ Diflucan to the rescue!

new favorite thread.

good luck growing it back, pat. let me know how that works out for you. :o)

But it's a detachable penis...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQBPgJQhQHc

If this thread doesn't bring a smile. I am not sure what would.

Great song Pat. Now where do you get that and do they have options??? LOL

Okay, I had no idea this could happen. I have a couple of male T1D friend's that has had control problems. I wonder if this could increase self motivation? I know if I was a dude and out of control I would be making changes as I was reading this![quote user="Pat"]

But it's a detachable penis...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQBPgJQhQHc

[/quote]

Love the video Pat, good one!

i have a feeling this video is not safe for work, so i will wait and watch it at home where i can actually have volume on my speakers.

Oh my god, King Missle.  Didn't expect to see that one here.  But the folks at Juvenation never cease to amaze me.

[quote user="Melissa"]

Oh my god, King Missle.  Didn't expect to see that one here.  But the folks at Juvenation never cease to amaze me.

[/quote]

King Missle??? never herd that before, but like it. See even at 54 I am still learning new words. LOL

[quote user="Keith221"]

[quote user="Melissa"]

[/quote]

King Missle??? never herd that before, but like it. See even at 54 I am still learning new words. LOL

[/quote]

Gee, wiz, Keith, you're always acting like you're a thousand years old!  You're younger than my father, and I know for a fact that he remembers King Missile.  But only because my sister and I were such weird kids.

[quote user="Melissa"]

[quote user="Keith221"]

[quote user="Melissa"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Gee, wiz, Keith, you're always acting like you're a thousand years old!  You're younger than my father, and I know for a fact that he remembers King Missile.  But only because my sister and I were such weird kids.

[/quote]

I remember that song being on the radio when I was in high school with my learner's permit...so Fall 2001/Spring 2002?