Come Again?

I found this to be interesting and pun worthy.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/dec/12/sperm-stem-cells-insulin-diabetes

But what do we girls do?

I read it on yahoo news. Still sounds weird. LOL

How is this possible????!!! ughhh!!

Would it only work with your own sperm do you think?  Or could your sperm cure me? Haha

[quote user="Heather Cole"]

Would it only work with your own sperm do you think?  Or could your sperm cure me? Haha

[/quote]

Only one way to find out ;)

WHOA. 

;) haha.

Hahahhahahahaha!!! This is hilarious

Gives new meaning to the phrase "Great Balls Of Fire" ROFLMAO

[quote user="Keith221"]

Gives new meaning to the phrase "Great Balls Of Fire" ROFLMAO

[/quote]

I think penicillin will take care of that for ya, Keith :P

Line I found funniest:

"We found that once you take these cells out of the testes niche, they get confused...."

LOL!  I hope my husband doesn't read that story!  I don't even know what to write, the dirty puns are endless............

Do I have to resort to a gender change to cure my diabetes? I think I'd rather be diabetic than male ;) hehehe

OMG! I read this this morning, I kinda thought that my email had been hacked with false stories of diabetic sperm tales.  (OMG--not sperm tails LMAO) It seems bizzarre...at best.  As for the women, do we get any kind of diabetic egg cell support?  LOL

Huh. That's interesting. Hopefully it can be developed further to include egg stem cells like Gallicano suggests in that last paragraph.

Would using cells from reproductive tissue upset any hormone balances or anything like that?

No, they are going to look into egg tissue!  :))))  (Thank God, haha..I could never be a boy!) 

[quote user="Hayley Schreiter"]

No, they are going to look into egg tissue!  :))))  (Thank God, haha..I could never be a boy!) 

[/quote]

I kinda cringed when I read this article the 1st time. The one I read didn't talk about egg stem cells like this one so I was kind p-oed. I' feeling a little better about it now.

This is funny. Last year after Ri was diagnosed one of my 12 yo autistic boys said he was going to cure diabetes. He said tho that he would probably cure boys diabetes first because boys blood is easier to figure out. I told him that isnt really how it works but low and behold the kid proves me wrong again. lol I couldnt stop thinking about the convo I had with him while reading about this.