Going ta tha ER ma mom finally decided its time after 3 and 1/2 days with BS over 500

okay so i have been high with blood sugars  over 500. i have been asking ma mom ta take meh ta tha ER. i feel like i am dying..cant tell ya i know how dying feels cuz i dont..ba this is how it feels ta emh. i will probablly be there for a few days this really sucks. maybee they will be able ta help. oh god i hope this doesnt get any worse. i have na been able ta eat almost at all for tha past 3 day..have ate nothing wednesday..ate ramen noodels , a few bits of a veggieyesterday ba they made meh throw up..and have ate nothing taday.

That sounds kind of like the flu. When I am sick, I get so low (when vommiting) that I have to be hospitalized and a feeding tube in place, then all of  a sudden I will be like 490 and then back down to 50 later.

Good luck!

Talk to a teacher, a minister, neighbor,  or a relative, someone you trust. I can't know what your situation is like, but it sounds like you need to reach out for help. The first step is letting those who may be able to help in on your situation. 

I wish I could be there for you to help but I cannot. If your symptoms continue and your BG remains above 300 for a long time, you need to see a medical professional.  The way you describe your situation, it is at minimum, a travesty and one that needs outside help.

Can you share why your mom has not taken you?  Are you comfortable calling your endo or regular doctor yourself?  Perhaps they can offer some advice over the phone or assist you in getting the help you need.  Prayers that you feel better soon!   

Hey, Jessarae. Just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you, and I hope things are going well for you. Hopefully you were able to get your blood sugars down and feel better. I've had times like that too - usually for me it's a pump problem. I know you're expecting, so it probably made you a little nervous. Let us know how things are going for you. We're all hoping for the best!

You and your mom both need a hug. Wish I could send them to you -- the wishes are there. I know you don't want to go to the hospital, but they truly do have the best means to help when things go wrong. My bet is that, if you are not sick with a virus or bacteria, hormones may doing a number on you. I know a lot of young women who just can't get control over their numbers for a couple of days during each month when some female hormones cause them to be insulin resistant. No amount of insulin seems to help. Then, when those hormones drop, they have troubles with lows for a couple of days. You are at the age where hormones are starting to kick in and they won't be real regular for a while. In my long life, I never had a doctor talk about this with me. Just found out by reading a lot. But you will feel a lot better with some medical help above what you are able to do on your own. I know how bad you feel with numbers that don't cooperate. Don't be afraid of the hospital -- you can trust the professionals to make sure you come through this OK. They are your helpers. Please keep us posted on how you do. We are all worrying about you now.

alright..

hi everyone sorry its taken so long ta get back ta you..i have been in tha PICU at the Jeff Gordon Childrens Hospital in Concord..its 25 mins from ma house. they switched meh out of tha PICU in ta tha normal pediatric care unit there last night..and discharged meh around like 1130 taday. i am now off ma pump and back ta injections. which ma BS's were undercontrol almost all day at tha hospital before they discharged meh, and now back ta tha same thing..im creeping ma way up lil by lil. they said that it was probablly just ma injection sites for ma pump that was causing ma numbers ta be off.

well i just might be taking a trip back :(( i hate this..this is tha worst off ive been in tha 13 years ive had type 1..well thank you everyone for your support.

always,

Jessa

From what I hear, skyrocketing blood sugars are typical for pregnant T1's, especially in the third trimester.  I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it and hope things improve soon.  Sending positive thoughts your way!

[quote user="Jessarae"]

alright..

hi everyone sorry its taken so long ta get back ta you..i have been in tha PICU at the Jeff Gordon Childrens Hospital in Concord..its 25 mins from ma house. they switched meh out of tha PICU in ta tha normal pediatric care unit there last night..and discharged meh around like 1130 taday. i am now off ma pump and back ta injections. which ma BS's were undercontrol almost all day at tha hospital before they discharged meh, and now back ta tha same thing..im creeping ma way up lil by lil. they said that it was probablly just ma injection sites for ma pump that was causing ma numbers ta be off.

well i just might be taking a trip back :(( i hate this..this is tha worst off ive been in tha 13 years ive had type 1..well thank you everyone for your support.

always,

Jessa

[/quote]

Jessa, have you tried switching to a new vial of insulin? Sometimes that helps

Jessarae - This all sounds pretty serious.  I know that you've said you are expecting, can I ask when your baby is due?  Blood sugars in the 3rd trimester typically skyrocket and women almost always increase the amount of insulin they are taking to meet these needs.  Some end up taking 3-4 times their  normal doses to account for the changes.  Have you been getting pre-natal care; seeing an OB and/or an endocrinologist or CDE to help you work all this out?  I would strongly advise that you see a medical professional who is knowledgable about diabetes during pregnancy, and soon.  I don't want to scare you, but you could be putting yourself and your baby in danger if you are not well-controlled.

I hope you're feeling better, Jessa!  That sounds awful...Don't be discouraged because there's definitely something causing it - bad insulin, hormones, whatever.  You're trying your best and it will pay off when whatever is going on stops.  

i tried 3 new bottles of insulin with different lot numbers..and nothing was helping..as for taday at school since i got out of tha PICU yesterday taday went great i was for tha first time in about a year i was in tha 100's all day :)) that makes meh feel much better.

i am due April 29, 2010. and i know that this could be harming her thats why i was so scared and i was flipping out and trying ta figure out what tha heck ta do. they changed everything in tha hospital they started meh from scratch with ma insulin doses. i am back on injections for a while. and taday tha 1st day since i got out of tha PICU everything was fine 100's all day. its gunna be some time ta tell if it'll keep up tho. and ma baby girl is doing okay right now. thanks for your concern.

thanks Katie, i am feeling pretty good taday. i went ta school, and for tha first time this school year i was awake all day, and was not that tired, and ma numbers were fine all day too :)) this is gunna be a long road ta recovery (only because i am starting from scratch, i have na had ta do injections in 8 years, and tha 5 years before that that i did them , is na like now, they started meh from 100% scratch).

Hoping you have lots more good days ahead!  Take good care of both of you.