Funny fingers

yeah well if i get a high or low reading i usually retest in my fingers but it usually isnt too big of a difference in the number...

i also use nail clippers occasionally to get rid of finger callouses... super easy and doesn't hurt as long as you're careful to only cut the dead skin.  mine are on the sids though so it's easier.

Sarah,

Use a pumice stone to help get rid of the calluses. And keep using it every few weeks to keep them usable.

- Danielle  

I have to poke my fingers several times and sometimes run it under warm water. There's times i have had my blood shoot out on me from pricking it. so i have ur issue just depends.

I only use my index, middle, and ring fingers on either hand,  most of the time i have to poke my finger several times, as i have calluses, but that is because i keep my lancet device on a low setting, but sometimes if i hit it just right blood comes gushing out.  Once i kept pricking a finger and squeezing but nothing came out the all of a sudden "POP!" my finger actually popped and shot a stream of blood out.  it didn't hurt but i was scared.

I've noticed that if my numbers are running high, my fingers tend to swell more...

Sometimes, when i'm testing, my blood will come out of a place on the same finger that i pricked the day before... does that happen to anyone elsee?

Yeah, that happens to me all the time. I will prick after i get done working out n have blood come out of the spot i pricked at breakfast time. It's weird but idk how itd come out. Or there's times i will prick when im low in it legit blood squirts out at me n hits me n the face.

This happens to me too! I think usually when my BG is high, my hands get sweaty and therefore puffy like you said. When I am low, they tend to be really cold and shriveled. Weather or not this is normal however, I have no idea.