Freestyle Recall and Omnipod

Hi everyone,
I just received a FedEx from Abbott Diabetes Care notifying me that the FreeStyle test strips “may produce erroneously low glucose results when using the Freestyle blood glucose meter built into the Omnipod…”. They are recalling all test strips for use with the Omnipod meter and you can contact them for new strips.

Ever since I switched over to the Omnipod system last year, my A1C shot up from 6 and under to 7 - 7.5. It has been so frustrating because I have been really diligent with testing, what I eat, exercising, and also now wearing a Dexcom sensor. My meter readings have been great. My endo has repeatedly said my labs don’t make sense compared to what she is seeing on my meter and Dexcom readings.

Anyway, I wanted everyone to know about this. I have a One Touch meter at home so I am going to switch to this for now. They say you an use the test strips in the “FreeStyle Freedom” meter (not part of the pump) but I don’t trust it.

Hi @JenS,

Thank you for posting this you beat me to the punch!

Hi @JenS,

Thank you for posting this you beat me to the punch!

Here is the link on Abbott Diabetes Care about the Recall! https://www.abbottdiabetescare.com/press-room/2014/2014-b.html