Flu shot

i dont know who all got the shot for the swine flu on here but for those of you who did did you notice a difference in your blood sugars? as in the difference your sugar being higher then usual. if so its because of the swine vaccine. when i went to my doctor the other day i had asked her if she had any idea of why my sugar had been out of control for the past three to four weeks, she asked me if i had gotten the vaccine for the swine flu and i said yes she said then thats why. the reason for that is because the shot, which is what the people with chronic diseases were suppose to get not the nose spray, is a live virus so our bodies fight it which makes our sugar go high for about three weeks then another two weeks they stay high because our body is recovering from it. it made my a1c go from being 6.5 to 7.6. she said that all of her diabetics who had gotten the vaccine had a raise in there blood sugars, and there a1c's went up, and her diabetics who didn't get it there sugar had remained the same. 

[quote user="Allie =)"]

i dont know who all got the shot for the swine flu on here but for those of you who did did you notice a difference in your blood sugars? as in the difference your sugar being higher then usual. if so its because of the swine vaccine. when i went to my doctor the other day i had asked her if she had any idea of why my sugar had been out of control for the past three to four weeks, she asked me if i had gotten the vaccine for the swine flu and i said yes she said then thats why. the reason for that is because the shot, which is what the people with chronic diseases were suppose to get not the nose spray, is a live virus so our bodies fight it which makes our sugar go high for about three weeks then another two weeks they stay high because our body is recovering from it. it made my a1c go from being 6.5 to 7.6. she said that all of her diabetics who had gotten the vaccine had a raise in there blood sugars, and there a1c's went up, and her diabetics who didn't get it there sugar had remained the same. 

[/quote]

I got the swine flu vaccine, now that you mention it I did see a slight increase in my bloodsugar and that actually makes me relieved because i had been wondering why on earth i was having high numbers 2 weeks ago. 

You have that mixed up, the live-disabled virus is the nasal spray and the dead virus is the shot.  

:)

oo sorry hha but yess i was very worried and frustrated why my sugar had been so high for a while.

im glad i had that doctor visit =)

doctors are so helpful arent they? haha

totally! haha

My hubby and I were wondering why our son's sugars have been high.....he got the H1N1 shot as well.  Makes sense.  Glad I checked this out.

That's interesting. I also got the H1N1 shot, and saw no difference in my blood sugars at all. It's so weird how differently people react to things.

I got both shots.

I love being more protected than most other people I know.