Fish Oil Capsules... Bad Experience

Just wondering if anyone else has shared a similar experience with fish oil capsules?  I've read that fish oil is a really healthy supplement.  So I thought I'd give it a shot.  I've taken a few before and it's made me feel a little nauseous but nothing that I couldn't handle.  This morning I made a nice breakfast.  Sausage, eggs, cheese, and an English muffin, and I'm not counting out that it could be any of those, but then I took the fish oil capsule with my 1-a-day vitamin. 

Big mistake.  So I'm driving to work, maybe 5 minutes into my drive and it hits me.  It starts like I've felt before but then the nausea just got worse and worse.  Within about 2 minutes, I had to pull off the road and completely empty my stomach if you know what I mean.

Anyone else had an experience like that from taking fish oil?

Matt,

I take the Cod Liver Oil (lemon flavored).  I have not had that but I have had some pretty significant blood sugar spikes.  The cod liver oil has been in a few diabetes related studies and seemed easier on my system which is why I went that way - you may wanna' give it a try  - it's not quite as gross as you might imagine, LOL

Cheers!

A-D

Hi Matt, I have taken fish oil caps.. for years,I give them to my teen too..No problem. I don't know why they made you sick.

HI A-D, Have you heard any negative thing with fish oil and spikes ?

That would have to be one sweet fish !!! I laughed at my own post before this,,,What was I thinking ??

I don't know what it is about the fish oil supplements but I once learned that as a diabetic you shouldn't take them. It was quiet a few years ago so I don't remember the reasons behind it.