Excited!

Just got home from my diabetes group meeting and am joyously typing with a cotton ball taped in the crook of my elbow. I had blood drawn for my A1C check. I am so excited to see what it is! I have been working SO HARD on control and blood glucose levels since I was diagnosed! My A1C when I was diagnosed was 14! I can't wait to see what it is! Also getting on pump soon and CGM!! All these new things are going to be great changes, hopefully for the better!

Sorry, but I am really excited! HAHA

Take care, 'Betes Buddies!!

--Kelly

Congrats! Now come back too us when your CGM wakes you up at 1 a.m., then 2 a.m. ! LOL.

Someones gotta be the debbie downer!

Really congrats though. Hopefully oyour cgm will work out good for ya, mine does when I decide to wear it.

Congrats on getting healthy! So glad you are working so hard!!! Just remember not to beat yourself up if you don't like the result. I should really take my own advice! haah

Kelly,

Thanks for replying to my post :) "To Tell or Not to Tell..." 

I am really proud that you have taken such initiative to control your numbers, because we all know it can be like having a second life, haha.  I am sure it's come way down from 14, but if it doesn't, I'm sure it will in time:) If you have tight control, though, it shouldn't be long, which is great.  

Congrats!

Hayley 

Kelly,

Did you walk into the office w/ a bit of a swagger knowing your sample would be a good one?  That is a great feeling isn't it?  Just remember how awesome it feels when you work hard and expect good results, it may help get you through those tough days.

GREAT WORK.

Jason

Haha! Jason, you made me laugh outloud when I read the "swagger" post! You BET I had my swagger on! I was thinking, "My A1C Test is going to be the shiz nit this time!". Well, relative to my other one! I was going to call and see what it was, but I got off work too late! The tension continues!

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! You are awesome.

--Kelly

So my clinic office called today and my NEW A1C is........(drumroll)......

I ROCK!! Mind you, it was 14 last October!! AhhhH!! This is GREAT!!!!!

--Kelly

wow, that is fantastic!  Definitely worthy of a swagger.  I was super excited I got mine down to 7.1 this last time.  And I'm on a pump and looking to get a CGM.  Here's hoping things will only improve, and here's hoping you continue to have such great control :)

WOW!!! that ain't nothing but swagger!!!! I think normal people would want it to be that good. I am so excited for you now. Way to goooooooo!!!! Keep it up.

Wow Kelly that is awesome.  I've been diabetic since August 09 and I got my last A1C in February and it was 5.4 and it was alot of hard work and took me quite a bit of time to get it down to that.  Good job.  Keep up the good work!!!

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! It is so nice to actuall be able to talk to people that actually know what I am talking about and why I am so excited. Don't get me wrong, my husband and family have been very supportive, but when I told them what my new A1C was, they were like, "Uh....that's good, right?". They are still learning =). But THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I know there will be bumps along this road, but highlights like this make it easier. Take care. 

--Kelly

Wow!  5.4 is fantastic, you did a great job, and now you've inspired me!