Eventful Day

Well, it's been an eventful day and I feel like I've been through the wringer. Hubby is of course working night shift as usual so I will be home alone, which worries and bothers me. But, I am going to lay down and watch TV and even indulge myself with some snacks because I deserve it after today. LOL .

Yesterday I was having pretty intense braxton hicks, the false contractions. They didn't hurt like an actual pain, but my stomach got insanely hard and it made it hard to breath. I've had them all through out my pregnancy, but my OB said not to worry unless they were associated with cramps, back ache, bleeding, etc. Well, I started to get bad lower back pain. So I went in to my OB today and he gave me a pelvic exam. This was my first pelvic exam since the first trimester, I was maybe like 10 weeks or so??? Anyhow, it seems I was slightly dilated and have an "imcompetent cervix". I am too far gone to have a cerclage so they put something in me called a pesarry which is supposed to help hold my uterus up. Apparently, it was very, very low and my baby was actually in my pelvic area.

I'll be 29 weeks on Friday. Aghhhh.... I don't even know what to say. I'm trying not to stress.

Yikes! It's a good thing you went in to see your OB! I hope what they did works fine....it's gotta be a good sign that they sent you home. Did they put you on bed rest or anything? Good luck!